Monday, December 1, 2003

Part 2 Santa vs Jesus

Be good and you will get presents, Be bad and you will get coal.  No unconditonal Love there.  Take your requests to Santa instead of to the source, Jesus,who will bless you because he loves you unconditionaly.  Be greedy, ask for yourself, me me me, my my my.  How is that honoring our Savior?  It is his birth, how can you give a gift to him?  He says Do unto the least of these and you will have done unto me.  I am also suporting a lie, a myth and that is something I do not want my children to see me doing, lieing, for I do not want them to lie to me or anyone else. And I want them to share my faith, and not think that too is a lie I made up to keep them in line.  We have taken the t out of Christmas,  Christ Mas.  the t is the cross, and with out that you are not giving Honor for what he has done for all the world.  Died so that we may beforgiven and have a relationship with God.

There will be mixed reactions to this I am sure, the OH I have never taught my kids about Santa, and will aplaude me and then there will be those who say, Oh you have opened this up to me and then there will be those who will be angry and think how wrong and mean I am.  That is fine we are all allowed to choose our opinon.  But for me and my house we shall serve the Lord and Honor him always.

My older two children have been told already in the past years that Santa is really Mom and Dad and they are just fine.  But I have not done that with my 3yrd and 2yrd.  And I am seeing the contrast.  My 3yrd thinks Christmas is just about her and presents from Santa.  She can't wait till it snows cuz she thinks that is when he will come.  We watched that old cartoon about Santa and how he became Santa.  One of the songs was If we all was Like Santa what a wonderful world this would be.  I say, If we all was more like Jesus what a wonderful world this would be.

9 comments:

  1. Jesus ps The Reason for the Season!
    Warmest Regards,
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my family, as a child, Christmas Eve at midnight, we all knew Christ was born and that was the focus. There was the ritual of placing Jesus' little statue in the manger too. The next day, Santa came to give presents to the children that loved Him and behaved. That might be a compromise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought alot about this subject before. I even talked to my husband about it. I asked him what he thinks we should do? He said that he thought that we should just do the whole Santa Clause thing. But to me we are teaching our kids the wrong thing. I think that I will just let my kids know that I am the one giving the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have thought alot about teaching my kids to be christ like by giving their gifts to some one more in need. But then when I think about it I would feel bad to make my kids give up their christmas. I think that I will have them pick one of their gift that they are willing to give to someone who can't afford christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to say that whatever you choose will be right for you & your family because you have the Lord in your heart. i myself was raised in church & also raised with santa coming. it was a fun childhood fantasy. as i grew older i realized santa was all in fun but i knew Jesus was reality. my granny took me to church every sunday & especially on christmas i was taught the meaning of Jesus. so i knew the difference & wasn't confused at all. i also didn't & don't think of my gran

    ReplyDelete
  6. (cont) but i also have wondered if it's the right thing to do by teaching my baby one thing, then telling her...oh, well that was just a story that wasn't true. but i remembered how i wasn't affected by it at all when i learned there was no santa. i still believe in Jesus. i knew then & now that santa, the easter bunny, the toothfairy...none of these are true..they're just a fun thing for kids. Jesus is the truth, the light, the way. Good luck to you, hunybea with whatever you do.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to keep taking up space but i was rereading my comments and i seen where my first on cut me off. it should have said...i didn't then and don't now think of my grandmother as being dishonest. in fact i always thought of her as the most honest person i ever knew. she was a wonderful Christian. so i don't think harshly of her for letting me enjoy a childhood game. God bless & best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I have a totally different take on Christmas than most people! My family celebrates Christmas as strictly a Santa holiday. We do not believe that Jesus wants any part of this holiday:) We are not told to celebrate Jesus' birthday each year in the bible. We have fun with Christmas....and worship God in our church services and we remember his birth and death when we take communion every Sunday morning. This is strictly my opinion:) To each his own.

    ReplyDelete