Monday, December 1, 2003

Santa Vs Jesus

">    Vs ">

Had about a 2hour drive yesterday to go and pick up hubby so I caught part of radio show that brought up this question, how do we celabrate this season and do Christians let the secular influance them and how they teach thier childen on this season.  Talking about pegan idols and Santa being one of them and comparing Jesus and Santa.  Trying to get the transcript to this show, cuz I know I will not do it justice here but I will post my thoughts. 

How many among you who are Christians taught your children to belive in Santa Clause and what happen later when they found out it was a myth?  Did they question you if you made up Jesus also?  I have heard this before and think how horrible the parents feel. The child devasted because they have been lied to thinking, If he was a lie, what else have they lied to me about?   I have also heard of the parents who flat out tell thier kids that Santa is made up for fun by those who choose not to celabrate Christmas to honor Jesus's birth.  As mean as that sounds, those kids grew up well adjusted and was taught to honor the true spirit of Christmas.

On the surface Santa seems harmless and I confess I used to use it as a way to get the kids to stay in line.  "Be good or you won't get any thing from Santa" or have them write to him so I could get thier list of what they want.  I am coming to the relazation of what this has taught them.

No comments:

Post a Comment