Tuesday, December 21, 2004

2 trips to Wal-Mart and 3 Walgreens later...

hunybea4him's Album:snow flakes click for pics.. wont add here for some reason..

Ouch.. hand cramp.. BUT I do have my Christmas Cards

D O N E!!

Today.. 'um.. I guess it would be yesterday now lol was a productive day.

I got the downstairs bathroom sparkling clean! Tons and Tons of laundry washed after I figured out doing two spin cycles helps them to dry faster (who wants to come over and fold for me?) I even dusted and cleaned the top of the washer and dryer ( I was reminded of an entry Kara's mom had done about appreciate your washer/dryers) Took a broom to the cobwebs/spider webs in the basement.  Made snowflakes with the kids and spray snowed them on to our window.. see pics.. Took the older kids to cash in all their coins so they could buy gifts (well they bought something to make to give to ppl) I got prints to go with cards for the family and addressed and stamped cards that go in the mail.  I wrapped some gifts.. still working on getting them all done and under the tree.

I also.. after seeing how B R O K E we are now, called AOL up to cancel MusicNet and my AOL account... DON'T have a heart attack, I am not leaving.  You know good old AOL, the drug dealers they are, don't want to loose good customers so they extended free months to tide me over my financial trials.  I was elated to find out I could get broadband for 9.99 a month after my free time, since I have been on AOL so long.  The customer service gal also sent me a page full of links that had tons of things I had never really noticed before (and that is funny since I am on here constantly).  I did do a survey at kw: Opinion Place (earning enough credit to pay for ABP.. I should use that some time huh) and signed up for UPromise to save for collage.  You get double thru AOL.. anyone want to help me out and sing up and add to my savings for me and the kids? lol  You can invite family and friends to register under you and they contribute to the "pot" of dollars with their purchases with AOL or if you register your credit cards then a % of shops made with that at participating vendors.  Anyway.. enough of me sounding like a commercial for AOL.

Now its time for me to sound like a commercial for Walgreens lol.  I just LOVED that pic of the kids from the play and really wanted to give them as framed gifts.  Then I saw the shape of our checking account and knowing that we still have to eat this week decided to brake my piggy bank of change and just get prints for the family's and put it in cards I have had since July.  Simple right? HA HA NOT!

I am not daffy you know.. I am pretty computer literate and even more so digital media card wise.  I had put that pic on my dig card after I first got it and had been carrying it around with me just waiting for an opportunity to get the prints.  Since I took the kids up to Wal-Mart for their craft project I decided to do it then.  I put the card in the reader machine.. and yes it pulls up the images I have on it but just not the ONE pic I KNOW was there would not come up!  I think it is me, that maybe I really didn't put it on the card and put it back in my pocket till I got home.  I checked it when I got home and by golly it WAS on there! humm.. So I put another copy of it on there but under a different name thinking maybe I saved it wrong.  I rush back out.. thinking maybe Walgreens will be simpler but just incase I take the print with me as well.  I get in, it is maybe a few before 11p.m. and walk over to their machine.. Walgreens is supposed to be 24/7 right? You would think thier Photo Lab would be too.  As I am looking at my card the tech asks me, in a kinda short way, if I planned on having those by tonight, because the machines are all down for the night and there was two dozen orders ahead of mine. Guess Not.. next!  I run to Wal-Mart..again.. and yes their photo lab is also closed.  I just wanted to print them.. sheesh.. what happen to that machine where you do it all your self and it shoots out the pics to you?? Down.  So I try another Walgreens.  This one the lights are not as bright and I should of guess they was about to close but I chanced it anyway.  The cashier was very nice right when I walked in.  I explained to her my situation and how the cards HAVE to get out tomorrow with these pics (ya i know nothing like the last min.)  She synopsized with me but told me yes they was about to close but she directed me to another Walgreens that she knows the Lab is open 24 hours. AndIrush on over there.

I am about to give up and be all pouty as I pull into the parking lot of this last Walgreens.  I walk in and Heather the cashier has a happy smile and asks how she may help (it was slow).  So I went into the whole story and all the run around I had gotten that evening.  She tells me not to worry and she calls the Lab guy to the Photo counter to take care of me.  And I tell him and have doubt that he will be any help either. Oh but Shaun from store #4090 was just the Christmas Angel I needed.  Not that I needed walking threw the process, since I had done it many times, he did, partially doing it all for me.  My card would not read.. he got a special reader. Bing bang boom.. PRINTED AND PAID FOR!  If only that was the end of it. With out looking at the pics I say THANK YOU THANK YOU.. and he asked if I was sure that is how I wanted them.. OH YES.. and he went back to that little back room of no return. 

Then as I walk out I look at them.. the pic was cropped.. like I had done at home but it was TOO cropped.  Sophia was cut out of the pic.. no no no that will not do!  I go back to smiley Heather and ask her if she could call Shaun back out and she does and he is out right away.  I show him the org print and the one that was cropped and he agreed with me that it wasn't right.  He took my org print and went the extra mile and scanned it for me and cropped it just right and printed another set trading them for the bad ones.  Awww Finally..

Before I leave I wait in Heather's line so I could tell her thanks for all her help and ask for the guys name (I hadn't noticed) I told her how great and helpful they both was and I just wanted his name so I could write a nice e-mail.. promise.. I am not a stalker.  That got a good chuckle and just then Shaun is walking out, his shift had ended and he waves to us good night.. I think he stayed longer to help me.. awww.  So there you go.. there is good help out there these days.. you just have to find the RIGHT store on the right night... Na.. I have to say it was all God or else this pic would likely never of gotten done. 

For all that trouble.. the family BETTER like them!

3 comments:

  1. yeah like my trip to walmaet the one here the girl at the desk was so helpful but got to Lexington and the girls there though it had been called and approved for here to them she was a snot!!!!!!! YES A SNOT said we do not have to do what htey say> WELL Excuse me but they approved it becuase I was driving to antoher town!!!!!!!!!say that before the customer from hell walks in please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my way of course you know. becuase the manager said yes we do have to do this!!!!!!! I smiled a sweet sarcastic smile and like a ha ha!!!! to this bimbo chickie!!!!! dont cha know. The pics are cute I love pics of your house all decorated. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{{{Mary}}}}},

    I love the music in your blog. And boy are you grave with those FIVE shopping trips!!!   I'm glad you got free time from AOL....I've had that fortune too. The broadband deal is a good one, I'm on that $9.95 per month broadband plan too...and I love it!!!

    I'm sorry I can't take you up on your offer to fold clothes. If you looked in my drawers and closets you'd see that it's not something I do often. But the lady who comes to clean for me often does laundry and she is an expert folder! I hope she shows up soon. I don't have the budget to have here here on a regular basis :(  I am your partner in 'brokedom'!

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me tell ya know Darling.

    Those do-it-yourself machines at walmart never work. Their always down and needing to be fixed. Your better off somewhere else. Anyway...thanks Shaun and Heather for helping my girl out! Woot!

    ReplyDelete