Thursday, December 9, 2004

Sending a Thank You Note.

I have read on various job hunting websites that it is a good idea to send a Thank You Note to your interviewer within 24 hours of the interview.  There was tips and hints on what to say and the kinds of styles you could use.  I took those into consideration as I wrote the below note but I really just wrote what felt comfortable to me.  I think it sounds good and very professional, but not too professional where I come off snooty.  What do you think?? Ofcourse I did change the company name for privacy.

 

Dear Kathy,

 

I just wanted to say a quick thank you for the interview yesterday and for taking the time to see me. You made me feel comfortable and at ease, especially while going over with me my test results from the software testing.  I was very happy to see how strong my scores were in Word and reaffirmed to me a few areas for me to work on.  The whole process was very helpful.  I am ready to jump in and work on those tutorials you offered to send me.

 

ABC STAFFING seems to be a good match for me and I look forward to the possibility of working on the ABC STAFFING team. I am eager to be in the work force again and prove, given the chance, that I can be a dedicated and productive employee. The idea of working for various clients and getting in more experience in the clerical field interests me greatly but I also would like something consistent too. I will be checking the company's web site soon to see what is open and if there may be a position I am compatible with.  I also have looked over the group benefits information you gave me and will likely send you back the form for declining it.  The benefits I have threw my husband's work fills our needs but thank you for the opportunity to enroll.

 

Please let me know if you need anything else from me and what the next steps are in this process.  I look forward to talking with you again and thank you for your consideration.

 

Best Regards,

Mary B. Hamm

 

(I DID have my e-mail and phone and address info after my name here but I'm not posting all that HERE LOL)

6 comments:

  1. I'm a firm believer in Thank You Notes and have always sent one to those who interviewed me. I love yours. It's great. Hugs. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you sound so professional. !!!!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very good letter. I wanna hire ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds good to me!!!!!!  Hope you get the job if you really want it!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great.  Very professional.  Only thing I caught was the word "threw" in the sentence about the benefits should be "through".  I think you came up with a great thank you note!  Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very professional and to the point.  Threw should be through, but other than that, excellent!   ~JerseyGirl

    ReplyDelete