Sunday, December 19, 2004

Is it over yet??

Must be nice to one day say "Hey, I am not going to accommodate anyone and you have to walk to my drum beat.. OH and if you don't.. I will lay on all the guilt and not take any of it for myself."

 

Anyway...

Spent all day shopping.. well mostly looking for that one hot toy. Four Wal-Marts, One ToysRUs and One Circuit City later I was able to get it.  Fisher-Price InteracTV Learning System (B9376)(FPR B9376)If only I could of started my shopping a bit sooner.. it was almost 15 bucks cheaper at Wal-Mart but they were all out of stock of it threw out my surrounding area and I was lucky to get it at Circuit City.. only two left but ugh they didn't have the software title I wanted that went along with it and by that time Josh hand insisted I spent enough money and to come home.  I feel a mixture of accomplishment with a tad bit of being ripped for not being able to get the one thing that went with it.  Well at least it will have batteries.

So cross Josh, AnnMarie and Sophia and Lilly off my list, oh and Big Amy too and both his parents. Josh is getting Zane his and mine. He got me a jacket but it doesn't fit. I told him to take it back and use that money on Zane instead since I spent soooooo much last weekend (GAWD forbid, I bought a sweater and a pair of shoes everything else was for what the kids needed for the play!) 

I had the Veggie Tales DVD for Josh's step brother's girlfriend's kids (get all that?) and also the Care Bears three DVD set for my sister's kids in my cart when Josh called me (mistakenly I brought his cell along with me) and he told me to put everything back and we would talk about it when I got home.

Needless to say Josh and I had a not so pleasant conversation, including a suggestion from him that I go HOME then for all the holidays and him and the kids will spend them with his family.. UM I am HOME already!!!! : P  It would be nice if he would see my side for once and stop bending over backwards for his dad and stepmother.. BUT I am just his wife, they are his Family don't ya know. I got sick of how they are about everything and made astand that ONE time at Thanksgiving after 9 years of trying to be understanding and accommodating. Now I am always looking for something to gripe about them, he says. @@ <-- eye roll

Well sorry.. I think leaving my sister who will drive a couple hundrend miles to spend Christmas with us, here at my house while we go down to his parents for Christmas(because they are fragile creatures who can't handle too much of children so my neices are definatly not invited and it always has to be there way) is Just a bit Rude.  Plus I will have cooking and cleaning to do on top of her being here with us because his mother is coming in Sunday afternoon with Uncle Bob right after church. 8 kids in one house on Christmas.. can you imagine the mess?

I had looked forward to shopping as best as I could.. You all may recall that I HATE SHOPPING as it is, but it is always fun to shop for the kids, right?  It should be.. at least that's what they tell me anyway.  Josh had given me $150 last week when his vacation check came.  I had tried not to touch it but we spend about $50 of it last weekend when we got decorations.  I shouldn't of assumed I could of got that $50 back this week after he got paid and was only left with $100. It wasn't my fault he got his check in the bank late and we was charged over draft fees on check card purches.

  I spent $30 or so on Annie, one big gift for her and just over $16 on Josh.  I really had no other idea of what to get Lilly and Sophia.. I had my heart set on that Interac TV and another title to go along with it (so they both had something to open) and when I couldn't find it Josh said don't just shop to shop and to come home until we figured out what else to get them. (when is Christmas again? how many days away??)

I came home and made dinner.. home made meat balls and spagtti and then went online to see if I could find that toy for the girls.  Some one suggested to me that Target was still garenteeing delivery by Christmas but it just didn't feel right to order anything from them, considering the whole Bell Ringer feasco.  A light went off in me to check Ciricit City because then I could just order it and pick it up at a store that had it in stock.  I found a store that had it in stock but gurr it was more expensive there than Wal-Mart.  Josh didn't want me to order it online and use our debit/credit card.. pay cash.  So after calling the location to make sure my trip would not be futile I rushed over there and bought it.  I am soooo happy that after hunting alllllllllllllll day for it that I finaly have it in my hands to wrap.  I went next door to the Wal-Mart to look for the Dora Title to go with it, with visions of Lilly ripping it open on Christmas (she loves Dora), plus all the other Wal-Marts I had been to had the software titles, just not the game system.  Well dispointment set in when all they had was stupid Sponge Bob (he is one of many charters that is banned from my house).  So I did browes a while at that Wal-Mart and was so happy to find a baking stone.  Josh and I had talked about getting one for his parents and one for his mom.  So I called him and asked if it was ok to get it and he said fine.  I was also looking for something for Amy but was kinda stumped.  Her and I agreed to exchanged gifts but to keep it under $15.  When I saw the wine glasses I knew it was perfect for her and her mother who she lives with.  When I was over for Thanksgiving that is the one thing they was short on.  Set of 4 for under $10, not bad I thought!

I get in the van after fighting the lines and the crowdes and the stupid cell rings again.  Josh asked if I was on my way home yet, that he forgot we agreed to get that Veggie Tales for his step brother's gf's kids.. ohh I had forgotten all about that.  I still needed wraping paper so I told him I will just look at the Wal-Mart by our house when I get that. (I think if I never set food in a Wal-Mart again in my life that would be just fine with me). So after a 20 min drive over there and looking for the title in thier toy departmant.. and them not having it either, I am deflated.  I look for a Veggie Tale and all they have is Silly Songs or the new one.  We dont have the new one yet so I don't know if her kids will like it, but I know they should like Silly Songs and I put it in my cart.  That gets me thinking about my sister and her kids.  I should get them something since they are going to be here and all that.  I spy a 3 disk set of the Care Bears for only $20.  $20 for 4 kids, I don't think that is so so bad.  Then I get the wraping paper I needed and then I remembered I also needed battieries. And now since they sell food as well I got bread and peanut butter for breakfast tomorrow.. mmm and Milona cookies (a small bag for $2 but I am worth it after all my hard work today) and then that cell rings again.  I told Josh I was about ready to leave and that I was disapointed they didn't have the Dora title for that game and he goes into rant that I couldn't get it even if they did have it since I paid so much for the system at Ciricit City... ok... but I did get that dvd for DeGee's kids.. not good enough, he wants a story one not just a song one for them.. he will get it, PUT IT BACK and STOP SPENDING MONEY!  But shouldn't we get something for Marcy's Kids too? We will talk about it when you get home... SO I put it all back.  Bought the wraping paper with the rest of the cash I had on me and used the card for the food idtems.. I did buy soda and cigs earlier too on the card.  I estimated that I spent only $50 from our checking account on the other's gifts and the neccesities for the house (including the stuff for dinner).  So basicly I did stick to the $100 I org. was given on my kids.

I get home.. in a kind of an upset mood.  Then he springs the plan for Christmas Eve on me, not asking but telling me how it is going to be. Ya that was a fun talk...

WELL I feel better.. how about you?? One week to go..

Merry CHRISTmas!

 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry this holiday season can cause such stress. It really can. sad it has to be like this. Seems like see more parents yelling and other things at thier kids and spouces or spouces arguing. I know Todd and I are more tense. Tender emotions and just plain tired and yes money is tighter. That makes things harder. The only thing i can think of is this. Todd use to go by the words he was told with his family HONOR Thy mother and father!!!!!! the preachers never preached much on the very first words uttered early on to a man in the marriage contract. THE MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS MOTHER AND FATHER AND CLING UNTO HIS WIFE!!!!!!!! Notice a woman is never told to leave her mother and father. Todd had to becuase he did not step up early on and take a stand leave his family for ten years it took the death of his Dad opeing his dads eyes just  before he died to the fact that they had to respect me no matter what and they had to accept me and if they did not love me his first responsiblity was to me. BONE OF MY BONE AND FLESH OF MY FLESH!!!!  You know we are one. Well enough preaching I guess LOL But that is what changed our lives now his family treats me good and though they dont understand me they know they love him they love me. I sure hope this is helpful. It sure helped us when we watched a tape on mens moms!!!!!!! done by a man and his mom on what it took to reunite his wife and mom. It took him!!!!!!!! telling his mom where the line was. It was up to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i knew what to say...you know I have inlaws from hell and a dh who would rather hurt me then stand up to his  "peoples".His word not mine- I got sick of hearing about his family too.Guess what we are your family, the kids and I, They are your relitives!So he calls them his "people" now!LOL! I always picture indians when he says that.i do have indian blood on my side, but not him!  It sounds like you really worked hard to get great presents.We could not afford the tv thing, maybe after the new year for her birthday.I do hope the day gets better.My dh is going to take the kids to his "peoples" on Christmas day after 4.I am going to do somethings for ME and just have a great time.

    ReplyDelete