Friday, December 3, 2004

Going on a Job Hunt, Going to find a Good one, We'r not Scared, We'v Been there before

For what ever reason, Josh didn't work yesterday (I dkn why, ther weather was great!).  So I had him home with me all day yesterday.  The night before that I DID stay up late late on the puter, catching up on my ~Js I read, since I am sooooo far behind.  I am delighted to read that two of my fav ppl are on the Editors List this week!!! WTG Barb & AnnieO!!!!!!!

Josh knew I was up too late for my own good and couldn't help but make my morning impossible lol. He is fun that way don't you know. He wanted me to go out and apply at that factory I said I would. Ugggg.. So I get in the shower and get nice and clean and smell all pretty and get dressed.  I also was kinda dragging out my morning because I was hoping that a certain temp agency would call me back for an interview and I could also scedule to go in there since Josh was off.. but they didnt.  And if they did, what would I wear any how??! lol I put on a nice pair of blue jeans and this cozey winter sweater (since I don't have a winter jacket yet and I didn't want to wear flannel to apply for jobs) that had a red and white and hint of blue design on it. I put make up on! I tried to do something with my hair.. a differnt part, that hippy part down the middle thing is getting old. Not the most professional looking, but I clean up nicely I think. Well except for the old pair of van tennies that I wore, I don't have anything else right now.  As I am getting ready I am talking to big Amy on the phone, yacking it up, killing time.  She told me to go to the gas station by her house, she knows the manager and for me to tell her my situation, she knows she would hire me.  And if she was to be my sitter that would be very conveniant huh. So I put that on my to do list since I was going to be out and about.  I print out my resume and also add to it names and numbers for my personal refrances so I wouldn't forget.  I look up online the company and it's phone number and made Josh call them for directions since they neglected to put an address on thier website.

The factory is very close to my house actualy, maybe at most a 10-15 min. drive. Yes that would be conveniant.  I get there and the place is huge!!! I park and pray for confidance and guidance before I venture out and find the personel office.  Seems like I get there just as the whole plant is going on lunch.  I pass a gaggel of men in flannel on my way up the side walk to the office.  The office part is up these tall stairs and all adorned in wood that lead to this doctor's office lobby looking area. Even had the slide glass window to boot. And it is closed. Um.. ok.. I gently knock on it to get the ladies attention. No answer, so I knock a bit louder feeling like bolting out of there already.  Eventaly a nicely dressed office type girl oppens the window and askes what she can do for me and I asked about an application.  She said no problem and asked if I wanted to fill it out there or take it with me.  Here I say, (I don't want to make two trips ya know). She hands me a clip board and pen and closes the window.

I sit down and start to fill it out.  It was a simple one actualy but I kick myself for not putting the address and phone numbers of my previous employers on my resume.. but I dont know them.. that was soooo long ago! When it asked what position I was seeking I checked off both office and floor.. never know and at this point I am willing to take anything.  When it asked what matchines I can operate or if I have a forklift licence I giggle.. nope nada. When it asks my wpm for typing I smile and put 55-60.  I did test myself this week and if I am warmed up that is what I can do.  As I am filling mine out a young man, dressed in work cloths comes up the stairs and knocks on the window also to get an application. So I wasn't all alone anymore but I still was nervious as I copied the info from my resume to the application.  I finished and gave it back to the lady and asked if I could also leave my nice professional resume with her, sure she will even paper clip it for me... aww thanks!  She said if they are intrested I will get a call in one to two working days.  Ok I am out of there!  I did my part now it is up to them if my application looks worthy for an interview.  I don't have a feeling it is, but you never know.. as Josh told me I am negative : P  I did have to walk past all these guys sitting out eating thier lunch... I felt eyes on my back and couldn't help but think of the conversation I had with Amy and also with Lori about how men harrass women in factories.. but ofcourse if I was to tell Josh that he would think I am negative and since they didn't say anything to me but only looked me up and down, what did I have to complain about... gurr.. I am not used to being looked at, I like my nice cacoon of a home lol.

I shoot on over to the gas station my friend recomend to me. Yep in big black letters on thier sign NOW HIRING, MIDNIGHTS. MIDNIGHTS! Amy forgot to tell me that part or maybe she just didn't notice that big sign?  Well I needed a soda and pick up cigarttes anyways so I parked and went in.  There is only a cute guy working the counter (kinda like the clerk I wrote in my story I think lol) but he is not the mannager I was told to talk with.  So I ask him as I check out if they are only hiring midnights.  He sighs but has a nice smile and says yep but told me to take an application anyhow. He knows the other station is looking for all shifts (the one that happens to be closer to my house). So I took one from him and I plan on filling it out today and maybe dropping it by.

I get home and Josh is so happy with me.  Also so horny since it has been well over a week and a half, hehehee.. skipping that part, you don't need those details. But it was no accident the girls was down for thier naps real quickly. ANYWAYSSSSSSSSSS  I was very sleepy and wanted a nap and dozed on the couch for awhile. (sleepy cuz I didn't have proper sleep the night before! silly dirty minded reader!)

I awake to Josh shaking me.. Mary, Mary.. get up! That temp place is on the phone for you. Oh Darn.. I was dreaming about Phil and Hannah from my book!  I was tempted to tell him to take a message but he shoved the phone in my hands. I did a quick phone interview with the lady on the phone, reminisant of the one I had with the rent a car place (btw I got a rejection letter from them this week) but she seemed intrested and made an apointment with me for next week. Soooo that is something there huh!  But now I am looking at my calander.. I have a doc apointment that same day but it looks like it should be spaced apart enough and I can make them both.. If Amy will babysit for me.. she was vauge about agreeing to, she had to check her calander to make sure she didn't have any appointments. (PLEASE GOD DON'T LET THIS BE ANNIE AND THE ZOO ALL OVER AGAIN) I have to go to the follow up appointment since I had to cancle it this week. The thing has srunk and gone away but anotherone has popped up.. in a not so nice backside place, plus I need a regular exame.  I don't know what is up with these cyst things.. they say they are no big deal but I have never had them before now. One was scary but two.. what the heck!  I am one that thinks our health reflects what is going on in our life and also they are attacks from the enemy.. but I will not go into all that right now.

 I am hoping that this weekend, even though we are very broke, I can get up to Good Will and find something decent to wear for this interview (and maybe a winter jacket and some mirical shoes?).

Last night I did go to a Papared Chief Party.  It was fun and nice to hang out with some of my friends from church. I was so tempted to buy all these kitchen things, that I so need for my house.. but I was good! I did get some good ideas and a yummy easy recipe for fudge.. sooo easy.. chocolate frosting and chocolate chips melted together and spread into a pan to set up. And these tastey cinnoman rolls shaped like a Christmas tree.. perfect.. cinnoman rolls is our traditional Christmas morning Breakfast.  The thing about Pappared Chief is everything is baked on these cooking stones? You may of seen them at the store and thought they was just for pizza, but they are not.  I dont have one and the rep insisted the rolls will not work right with a reg baking sheet.. so a baking stone is on my list.. and you know how long that list is getting.

Ohhh and one more thing before I go.. DID YOU KNOW.. JOSH AND I ARE KNOWN DRUG ADDICTS?!!! WTH.

That is the funniest thing I ever heard! I may smoke here and there (and it has been forever since I have!) but a drug addict I am not! AND JOSH FOR SURE ISN'T! I am tempted to call the person up who made the slanderist comment and call her out on it. Little Amy's grandmother (a real peice of work, and I pray and pray for her) told Little Amy's mom that. She heard that little Amy had spent the weekend with us last week and Thanksgiving (not like she invited her own family for the Holiday mind you). I thought my inlaws was bad but they are saints compared to this women.  SHe is so bitter and sad and makes these kinds of things up about ppl constantly.  A big time gossiper and user of people.  Riley had it up to here with her and cut off all comunication with this lady (finally) and she is none to happy about it.. she even threatened him and spread lies about him and had her husband go over there and cuss him out, the breaking point for Riley was when they called him the N word! Wow.  Drama Drama.. I can't help but wonder what makes ppl like this, and what a missirble life they must have to want to spread it to others.  Well I do know, because she lives in this sad world and is of it, I pray that what ever happens she comes into a relationship with God, he can change the most hardest of hearts and make all things new.

So Lord, Help me be a light, help me to forgive those who talk nasty about me for no cause and to love them as you love them.

 

3 comments:

  1. Goodl uck at good will. Good luck on the jOBS??????? MAYBE??????? though I know working is not going to work. MEN sometimes they dont think. Or I dont kow what they are thinking!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR I just had words with Todd about a car. Man he likes to get this get that. I m glad Im not a car or hed be trading me off left and right!!!!!!!! MEN!!!!!!! I told him you are not gyping me out of my floor this year buddy. I traded my beloved Trans am in for him a truck that he gripped cuase it hurt his bad knee cause it was a standard then we got him a  99 blazer now he wants a taho. I dont htink so!!!!!! Not this time buddy!!!!!!! I told him well the taho is older its a 97 and your blazer a99 unless that guy is going to trade even I aint shelling out none of the money for my floor to go for that car. YOu got a car and you are sticking with it. you see my dad trades cars like none other hes had five in the last three years. Todd when we met he had traded cars 13 times in the first year!!!!!! We are not doing that again!!!!!!!!!  MEN where are theri brains???????? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hon, I am not quite sure where GOD wants you but positively know there is a job out there with YOUR name on it. Eager to see where it is you wind up. Love reading what you write. Oh, and I love you too. You're one sharp cookie. Hugs. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Hope you get a job you'll be really happy with. I don't have a coat either..I usually just throw on my kids or my hubs. I have a fancy coat but it's only for evenings out..not the one I wore the other night that's my moms. LOL See. Funny about the guys galking at you. I hope Josh knows that comes with no matter where you work but please don't do no midnights at the gasstations makes me think of your mom.

    ReplyDelete