Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Just another entry.. some updates from last weekend

Is it Tuesday all ready?  bla.. lol

We had a nice weekend.  Sat. night little Amy came over and babysat for us so we could go to Josh's company's informal Christmas party.  I have found that she is cheap, lol all she requires is computer time!  Plus she loves the kids and the kids love her.

I was excited to go out, no kids, just me and my man. I dressed up and over spent on a nice red zip up sweater and new black shoes.  Went perfectly with the black jeans big Amy had given me last week.  Jeans that actually fit and make me feel like a women! I have curves! I wore the size 14 (whahoo) jeans a few times to church and got many comments of how nice I looked and asked if I had lost weight.  I always blush at complements, especially if I am not trolling for them. I guess maybe I have lost some weight, I haven't really been trying but being broke is a good diet, no junk food! I just think I wore jeans that fit good instead of the ones I normally wear that are cut for a man and are a bit loose on me anyhow.  Josh is always grumbling that I am wearing his clothes.. sorry hon. but I don't seem to have any of my own clothes that fit me!

So the informal party was at a bar and there was a good band playing.  Josh, being new, knew a total of 4 people I think. The drinks, as bar drinks tend to be, was expensive.  I had two Jack and cokes and that was like 10 bucks. After about 30 min. or so of being there Josh was ready to leave.  I told him to have one of the guys he works with introduce him around, but he is a chicken and refused.  We was uncomfortable and out of place but I didn't want to just leave and go home!  How often do we get to go out with no kids??? Umm.. about never.  But being the fuddydudies we are, we could not think of another place to go that would be reltivly cheap.  I suggegsted we call up our old friends S & B.  Make them come out and meet us some where for a few drinks, like in the old days. (lol the old days, as if it was sooo sooo long ago).

Josh gives them a call and they are already having their own little party but we are invited to join them, but asked to bring some wine.  They gave us the name and brand and told us where to find it at Dirt Cheap (it is a liquor and cig store here) but by the time we get there it is closed and locked up. So we just head over to their apartment.  They have all these lights and decorations up! I nudge Josh and say.. see! They live in an apartment and have lights, we live in a house so we could do some lights!  I have been bugging him that I wanted to put lights up this year on the outside, but he doesn't wanta.

We had a good time over at S and B and when ever S started his Bush bashing I just asked for another glass of wine lol. There was a few of the old fav ppl over and some new ones and we played a dvd game called "Seen It".  It was good but malfunctioned on a few selections, that or some one was a bit too Merrry to operate a remote. OH and S let me have some of his Port Wine.. mmm.. and again I reminded him my birthday is in Jan lol.  It was a fun night, I was cleaver and witty and well dressed.  I didn't have to worry about yelling at the kids to stay away from their dog or dont touch this or that.  Very relaxing.  I was hoping to have a repeat of our night with S &B and invite them over for New Years Eve.  We have lived out here for 2 yrs and they have never been to our new house.  I wanted to play hostes for once.  I shot them over a thank you e-mail (getting good with those) and a suggestion of NewYears party at my house, with cute smilies   I do not regularly e-mail or IM with S & B.  This was the first time we had been over to their house since the start of summer.  We all have freinds like that, who we have grown apart from for one reason or another, but I know ours is not so much because of distance but because we are now devoute Christians and they are proude heathens lol. No, not really funny, sad really, and not my choice for us to be astranged, more thiers.  Anyways with visions of a small NewYears party dancing in my head I shot over an e-mail to thier hot mail account.. no responce.  So I see S online and I IM him.  I do this sparingly since I know he mainly uses that screen name to talk with B when she is at work.  I just asked if he got my e-mail and he said he never checks that account and gave me his new e-mail address.. with the request I dont send him no religious fwds, no offence. *sigh* Not that I was planning on doing that, I dont do fwds often.  Then he reads the e-mail and yadayada.. ya they had fun too Sat. and yadayada.. they never go out on NewYears too many drunks on the road.. crash at our house then.. yadadaya.. but their dog.. bla bla bla.. excuses excuses lol. Needless to say they will not be coming over anytime soon that I can tell.  Oh well.. too bad.. so sad.. see you in six months as it normaly goes.

I love S & B so much and pray for them often.

Sunday it was very hard to get up, as you can imagine.  We had to be there early so the kids could be in costume for the big Christmas Production. Rush, Rush and out the door.  UGR. I forgot my camcorder/camera! And Josh was not in the mood to turn around so I could get it. So after I got the kids in costume I ran to the Gas Station to get a throw away camera.. $18!!! for 27 exposures!!  But I was in a time crunch and had not choice.  So the play was great.. Annie was Mary, Lilly and Sophia was little lambs and Zane was a bailiff.. (the Shepards in the play got arrested for disturbing the peace and was on trial)  As you can see, no pics to go along with this entry.. no instant gratification here.. I have to get the film developed, it is on my list.

After church and a nap we went out to get a tree.  I just was not in the "mood" but was pulled along anyway.  So we got all our decorations out and find that most of our stuff is broken and the topper we have just doesnt go with the tree.  A trip to K~Mart and Wal~Mart and The Dollar Tree, and still no tree topper that seemed right was found.  Everything looked poorly made or just tacky.  So our tree is up and the house is decorated, it looks like December around here.  I will post pics later.  FYI Josh HAD to have tincil on the tree this year.. so guess what is all over the house and a pain to get up? Yep that plastic silver that is supposed to look like ice cycles.

Well I got to go.  Josh has to get a tooth pulled this after noon.. my poor guy.  He has not been able to get a decent night's sleep in a week.  Rach it must be contagious!

UGH and no news on the Job front to report.. I am about ready to give up and take it as a sign.  I DID TRY!  AND YESSSSSS I KNOW! IT is my turn for the Journal Land Novel.. I promise promise to get it out by tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Well sounds like you guys need to live here so we can go out and have parites together and be friends. Our old friends are like drifting away. Seems like I was really thinking that I needed to give up on her anyway as she is a user and hurt me once shame on me hurt me twice shame on you but hurt me a third fourth fith and sixthe and more times Im just plain stupid!!!!! Wel she got this job at hte hospital and she has traded her old friends for new. She has never been able to have more than one friend at a time anyway. She was either Joyces friend or my friend. But never both ours at the same time. Post your pics of your tree and decorations and your kids in the play. I bet its cute. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice the more excuses you get, the more they are trying to cover up the real reasons...oh well, to bad, so sad is right...now, I hope you get those pix developed soon for your Jland friends to see! Have a great week Mary!  
    ~JerseyGirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS:

    the music sounds great!!!!  very nice...
    ~JerseyGirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete