Monday, December 6, 2004

5 ppl you meet in Heaven and my thoughts on it and Heaven.

I have a few things I could write on today. How my day went yesterday and the first service of the two churches jointed together and the dinner or how we took the kids to the mall (ugh) to see Santa and some of the things that irk me about that, or how I can finally say we are Lice free and give more detail about all that or talk about the song I have in my journal today and why it is special, or comments I have about two journals who seem to be going threw similar situations about certain ppl not all that happy with how they word things or the content of their journals.. but I think I will save all that and throw my 2 cents or so about that movie I saw last night, The 5 People You Meet In Heaven.

I saw it last night with my family and cried here and there and it helped pull me out of my rotten mood I was in for a bit.  I think I am fighting the winter time blues here.. being mad at things when really it is nothing but a thang.. I can wait for a tree to put up, I can wait to buy clothes for that interview, and yes I can even wait to get a new winter jacket and shiver here and there when I do go out in my flannel or sweater, buying Christmas gifts for all my loved ones can wait, getting the dental sugary that I NEED can wait, stamps for cards that need to be sent can also wait.. but some days it just hits me all at the same time and I just feel rotten. Can you see that December is my "test my patience and resolve month"?? But as the saying goes.. all good things come to those who wait. So I am holding on to that and am expecting to be blessed for it.

I saw commercials the last two weeks for that movie The Five People You Meet In Heaven. At first I thought.. oh it's one of those movies, scoff.. lol. But the more I saw the commercials the more I wanted to make it a point to see it.  Sunday was busy busy and I had totally forgotten about it until we came home from the Mall and started making dinner. We turned the TV on and missed the first ten min. of it but still I don't think we missed much of it.

I wasn't going to do an entry on it. I liked the movie very much but it didn't occur to me to write on it, as you can see I have a lot I could write on lol. But when I see that two other journals have watched it and wrote on it I want to get in on the fun. Marcy & Lanny both saw it last night and have entries on it.. so go check out their view point too.

The movie did have a very good message to it, that you are who you are for a reason, you have touched people in ways you will never know.  No life is insignificant and there is a purpose to it all.  That is what I took away from it, I know that the five people in the main charter's heaven also taught him a lesson before he could move on, and Marcy goes into detail about it in her summary of the movie. The movie reminds me of a poem I read in The Purpouse Driven Life, and I made a small website about it on one of my other screen names.

I do think in Heaven there will be lessons to be taught, if we have not learned them here on Earth.  Lessons about God and who he is and he will mature us spiritually if we have not come into that maturity now.  Like a school " )  And here is the sticky part, where I talk about religion and my beliefs. I know many avoid it for fear of offending some one who reads.. but I think we all know by now I don't care who I offend (at least on that subject) and since this is my journal I write as I choose. No one will be taught those lessons or step one foot in heaven, if they have not made a choice here on earth to believe him and live for him. For the wages of sin is death, we all fall short of the Glory of God, we die ONCE, and then the judgment. We all deserve hell and an eternity separated from God, but he has made a way to cover our sins, Psalms 103:12 says, As far as the east is from the west, [so] far hath he removed our transgressions from us, That is the Gift He gave us on the cross, so that our sins may be covered by the blood of his perfect Lamb, and judgment be passed over, but those who reject that gift, will get what they deserve, sadly. No one can live a perfect life with out sin, for even our thoughts are judged, have you ever hated some one? To God that is the same as if you murdered that person, have you ever had thoughts of cheating or had lust for some one other than your spouse? To God that is the same as if you went out and had the affair.

In the movie and I assume in the book(the book is on my list now to read) the main charter does talk about God and slightly about his relationship with him, how during the war he made "deals" with him and then after disappointment ran from him and hid from him.  He asks do you think he even knows I am here, and the person says she thought most certainly she thinks he does.  I know going in to a rant about all that will be pointless.. this was not a Christian movie, but a secular warm fuzzy movie.  I think the main charter Eddie is like most who people out there, he has some scense about God, he has heard about him and talked about him and to him here and there, but has never truly come to know him and trust him.  He is disappointed with how he has lived his life and thinks it is a failed one and had no point or purpose, not how he wanted it to turn out. And that is why I like how the movie pointed out how he was where he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be. There was a plan for his life, even if he didn't know about it. God can use people, even if they don't trust in him.  But I wish it would of gone on more about God himself and his great love for all and how in Heaven that yes all tears will be wiped away and that now we see in part but soon we shall have full understanding. How in heaven we will serve and worship God, gladly and joyfully.  Heaven will not be all about you and your idea of perfection, but it will be all about God.

In heaven there will be rewards for the things you have done here on Earth and for your service to him, the Bible speaks of the many earned crowns that will be cast at the feet of Jesus. I have also heard it said that in Heaven people shine, and depending on your reward for your works is how brightly you will shine. I also know there is a place in the Lord's house, for he said there are many rooms, so in Heaven we will LIVE with him.  Revelations speaks of the earth passing away and God creating a new Earth with descending on to it a new Heaven, so that God will dwell with us.  In Heaven we will have jobs to do, on that new earth,depending on what we have done here and now and shown what we can be responsible with and we will cheerfully do it.

I look forward to Heaven, and living for eternity with God, for that is where my true home is, I am just a visitor here.  What I look forward to the most is seeing those who I have touched and have touched me in some way that I may not realize now. That person who may come up to me and say, Remember that web site you had up, I read it and because of you I am here or that person who had no money and I gave so they could be blessed and them comingup to thank me for being obedient, or for me going up to those who gave when I was in need and telling them, you know that food you donated to the food pantry that time, it feed me and my family for a week, or thank you for giving, donating to that ministry, because of that I was able to hear that tape that planted seeds in my heart to come to know Jesus. How awesome that is all going to be!

Annalisa Just posted a realy great poem and I think it ties into this post very well.. so check it out too.

1 comment:

  1. well we wanted to watch it but with so much going on and the blessing night last night we did not get to!!!!!!!  Dang. I sure hop e you are lice free that just is so aggrevating. I sure hope you are free. Lori

    ReplyDelete