Monday, April 25, 2005

This week's WOV was Just what I was talking about in my last post about my Brother!

WOMEN OF VIRTUE:  Encouraging Hearts...Together in Christ

A "WOV Note" from Women of Virtue

Decide to Get Over It.  "I had a choice.  I was at a decision point. Would I do nothing and set myself up for repeating the same dysfunction my family tree had handed me, or would I let God remake me from the inside out so I could 'get over it!'  Many people blame their moms and dads for the mistakes, patterns and dysfunction in their own life, but
that can be a cop-out.  We all hit a point in time when our life becomes our choice."

Pam Farrel, The 10 Best Decisions a Woman Can Make

************************************************

This week's verse of encouragement:

"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse.  So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them."

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 (NAS)

 

Women of Virtue is a ministry of Family Life Communications,Incorporated.

  http://www.flc.org

  http://www.womenofvirtue.org

2 comments:

  1. seems like we walways get something when we need it. He knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I call the blessing and the curse:  free-will.    -    Barbara

    ReplyDelete