Friday, January 9, 2004

Ask Brenda If it was worth it.

  I have read this journal Admire The Magnolias here and there but she is such an inspiration.  Ask Brenda if having a special needs child is worth it. No, she will not tell you it is all pie in the sky, but she will say it is well worth choosing life then the alternative. Her son Jonathan is 24 now, he was dignosised special needs at 11.  But I am sure if Brenda had a crystal ball when she was preggers or had dna testing avalible, and known his fate, she would of still loved him just the way he is.

How will you know what you are capable of if you don't give yourself a chance?  You will find you can do more and love more than you ever imagined.  If you find yourself in that position of having to choose, cuz you have found that the child you carry will not be quite perfect ask yourself that question.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! Will visit that journal! Loved your entry. Children are all precious! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a scary thought. i know when i was preg. i prayed everyday and worried daily b/c of my drug abuse that my baby would be less than perfect. but she has been the poster child for healthy, smart, strong babies. she is wonderful. God blessed me and it brought me closer to Him when before i was so far away and had lost faith. but even if she had special needs i still would have loved her as i do now. i love brenda's journal it is an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mary! I see the work you are doing in your church, that is very inspirational. I know we met for a reason, and just because my AOL journal is giong to be erased doesn't mean our friendship has to. I really like how you present your views, and appreciate our differences. My new email is VanishingXPhile@charter.net and my AIM name will remain the same.
    Much love,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I STILL LOVE YOUR JOURNAL. HAD THREE OF MINE ON AND HAD TO DELETE THEM...NOW HAVE THREE ON AGAIN. STOP BY WHEN YOU CAN. jOURNAL NAMES: BOTH SIDES OF THE COIN, FROM SOLITUDE-FROM SILENCE & THE REST OF THE STORY. I CHECK OUT ADMIRE THE MAGNOLIAS EVERY OTHER DAY, IF NOT MORE OFTEN.NOW THAT I LOCATED YOU AGAIN I WILL BE BACK. I HAD FORGOTTEN THE NAME OF YOUR JOURNAL. HAVE A GREAT DAY. Barbpinion

    ReplyDelete