Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Ok. so I have yeilded to the idea of getting DSL.  I was on Barbie.com with Annie yesterday and playing with her and found myself saying, "oh honey, dont worry, when daddy gets dsl this all will load faster." LOL Ofcourse Josh over heard me saying that and took that as his cue for calling the phone company and ordering it!  We should have it up and going in a few days after they send us the modem, since the one our friend had given us wasnt compatable (just another way to milk us).  I was surprised that DSL will only be $35 more amonth on our phone bill, and that they will break up the cost of the modem over 4 months and then get a rebate for some of the cost at the end of that.  So now we are going over how much AOL for Broad Band will cost us.  Looks like $14.99 a month extra.  Ofcourse Josh dosn't see the reasoning in paying that when we can get free e-mail boxs from hotmail and get AIM.  I do, so I don't have to re-do all I have done on here for the last 2yrs and keep my screen name that I love so much! Sigh, so we will see how that goes.  If anything I have heard from E's~ journal that when they went to dsl and cancelled aol, aol offered them 3 months free to reconsider.

Anyways. Today is another SnowDay for Josh and the Kids. UGH! LOL So Josh is putting the kids to work and demanding the kitchen shine but he is helping fold all the laundry and that is oh so nice. But the downside is he is hovering over me as I write this.  He said I embelish all this and that I rail him.  I told him well You can always have your own journal and share your side OR go on your screen name and post a comment in defense of yourself.  MY World View as it says under the title.

2 comments:

  1. I have a DSL and had one put in for my Mom (82). Boy, did I hate waiting around for things to load with my old modem. My DSL is quick and easy. Hope you all enjoy the "Snow Day Togetherness". Regards, Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think My mom called and canceled and aol offered her 9.95 a month to stay instead of the 14..thats what she pays. I look at it like this. I don't get out much. 14 a month costs me less then a movie and a popcorn and soda. But even if you do leave aol...and feel you need to for the expense...you will love the dsl so much. Makes surfing a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete