Monday, January 5, 2004

Just to let you know..

The next few post will probly get heavly into the abortion issue.  I am doing alot of studding on this subject and am about ready to teach a seminar to the teens at church about it.I am finding alot of very intresting info and I am getting excited about how God has lead me to where I have come to be able to speak to other about this subject.  If you have kept up with my journal at all you know that this is an important subject for me, I know God can use me where I have been hurt the most.

I just thought I would put that out there, not really as a warning, cuz I would like for all to keep up with what I post, but I know this is a sensitive subject to many.  I just want to say ahead of time, I do not judge anyone, how can I when I have been guilty of it myself, and that Our Lord is so wonderful, and he is quick to forgive if we confess it to him and ask him to.  Just wanted to get that little note out of the way.

One thing I have noticed in my reading of both sides websites and littaure, the war of words.  Depending on your view is depending how you refer to the "other side". Ever noticed that those who are for abortion rights are call themselves Pro-Choice and then they call the other side Anti-abortion. And those who call themselves Pro-Life, call the other side Pro-Abortion.  All words picked very carfuly it seems to me when some one is writting.  I can always tell when some one is "Pro-Choice" when the refer to ppl that are "Pro-Life" as anti-abortion and vice versa.  OH but what I have notied in the media, they never refrance ppl as Pro-Life, they always call them anti-abortion.  Jan is the anv. of Roe vs Wade, so this will be in the news alot and on talk radio alot, just you watch and listion and see if I am wrong on the War of Words thing.

3 comments:

  1. Being able to agree to disagree without malice is the best part of human relationships. I look forward to your comments on this and any other subject you choose to throw out for enrichment, whether I agree with you or not. Knowledge is power and the power of knowledge enriches us all. Keep it coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abortion always frightened me unless the life of the mother is at stake. To me, it's murder. I always felt it would lead to mercy killing or one day (God forbid) believing that the mentally and physically challenged as well as the elderly would be disposable. Sounds far-fetched but so did abortion when I was a young girl. Having said all that, abortion is NOT an option in my family and I make no judgments to those who have had any. It's between them and God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you'll be teaching this issue at church to the teens and also it's not like you'll be talking about a subject you know nothing about. that's what i always say about madison...when i tell her how bad drugs are and to stay away from them, i can tell her, i've been there and know what i'm saying. i'm proud of you!! what is roe vs wade? i'm pro-life all the way!!:)

    ReplyDelete