Monday, January 12, 2004

Who's Coming to Dinner?

 I about have Josh talked into letting me meet my online friends who live in Vegas.  I snuck it in by saying, Oh Ya btw, I have two free dinners lined up for when we get to Vegas. Josh has been very opposed to me meeting, however inocent it is, anyone from online. It has been a long standing rule. A good rule, a safe rule.He finaly is breaking and said, ok tell me about these freaks you want me to meet. Cuz ofcourse anyone I talk to is a freak right, no such thing as a normal person on line right.  Anyways, I told him well you know that guy Bill who was my Vet in my journal for Veterns Day. No he didnt remember until I reminded him that he teased me that I must of had a crush on him. I said that his wife Libby and him are open to having dinner with us. See Josh, its not like it would be me alone with some crazy, he has a wife just like you. lol They are older, maybe our parnents age and how bad can he be, he was a cop and trained K-9dogs.Ok got him convinced that this wouldnt be so bad.  Then he said, wait you said two dinners, who is the other one you want to have it with. Oh just this guy from my prayer group. His name is Russ and he also invited us to dinner with him and his wife.Older, like in their early 40s I have just started to get to know him better. He is perty much homebound, he is sick, but I never did ask specifcly with what, just that what ever the drugs he is on and the treatment effects his memory and him doing things like working and doing the bills.  He has been such an encouragement to me, and sends the most insperational e-mails and prayers and how awesome would it be to meet him this side of heaven and sit and pray with him and fellowship with him and his wife. But I told Josh I could understand if that is too out there for him, that he is not ready to step out that far, if he is not that trusting, (guilt, guilt here, tisk Mary). Well at least I got Josh to think about it, will know more as the time gets closer. Tentivly we are going to Vegas on the 12th-15th.  Consuleo's birthday party is Friday the 13th and then ofcourse Valantines day is the 14th.  An expensive weekend to be in Vegas I might add. So when we would fit these dinners in is another story.

5 comments:

  1. It is good that Josh is protective towards you. Caution is good, but then again, we don't want fear to rule our lives do we? Russ sounds like a angel sent to bless you. Sounds like he is doing just that. Barbpinion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized how long it had been since I left you a comment. Just wanted to say hello, and have fun in Vegas! :) In Him, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh is right to feel a bit cautious about meeting an on line person. That is why we will meet in a public place away from homes and hotels. Libby and I are looking forward to our meeting. Any Ideas on dinner? I know Brazilian restaurant that does great Rodzio. Thats abut 8 different meats cooked on open fire spits. The wine is good too. By the way, Josh gets an "A" in Wife concern from me. Regards, Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I have an awsome hubby who loves me and is concerned about me. That is why I only feel safe meeting up with these special friends if he is with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my friends here at home have met a guy online about an hour away from here and they are meeting frequently now.i am concerned for her safety b/c she does this often. however i think it would be sweet for you and josh to have dinner w/ another couple since you'll be near them on your trip. hope josh gives in. there are several ppl from journal land i'd love to meet, you're one of them. not sure where you are but i'm in no man's land, Va.lol

    ReplyDelete