Friday, January 30, 2004

This evening I had my pastor over and the youth leadership over along with my freind Kathy who also is involved with our chruch leadership.  I had them over to talk about the seminar I want to hold on Making Abortion Unthinkable, The Art Of Pro-Life Persuasion.  It has taken me weeks to pin them down to one room to talk about this.  You know how that can be.  At first it looked as if it would be cancelled due to one of the teens being in a car accednt but after my pastor and youth leaders went to see her at the E.R. and check to make sure she was ok they called me back to say they was still come over.   I have spent all day preparing for this meeting.  I fixed my printer and printed out the full leader guide and also copeys of the first sesion in the student guide. I can say I have learnd how to print on both sides of a paper in proper order. And thankfuly Josh got me more ink. I presented the first sesion and used the video that came along with the program.  We had good discusion.  There is concern that it will be hard to hold this as a 5 week one hour session, that intrest would waiver and also what day to hold it is an issue. My pastor apresiates my passion for this subject but kept using the term this is such a heavy subject it may be hard to get people intrested and commited to doing the full 5 hours. I said well I just want to be obediant to the Lord and that is why I am doing all this, if ony three people show that would be fine with me.  Think of the impact those three people would have.  After we went threw the first sesion they all saw how it wouldnt be that hard to go threw and that the information is valuble.  My pastor perty much told Kathy and me we had the go ahead after we make a plan on how we would present it to the Church. After they left Katy and I chatted and thinking of ways to get others passinate about this so they will show up.  She also showed me the Priests For Life website that had alot of picures on it. A must see.

1 comment: