Friday, January 16, 2004

A time for everything

a time of mourningEcclesiastes 3:1 To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up [that which is] planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.11 He hath made every [thing] beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.12 I know that [there is] no good in them, but for [a man] to rejoice, and to do good in his life.

Last night I went to a wake. I was there to suport my friend from church.  Her elderly father passed away on Monday. It was wonderful to see so many ppl there to support her from church. I think her mother who is not a Christian was surprised too.  Chris said her father was saved, she knew it in her heart and that they would be reunited again. She said she could feel everyones prayers for her and her family, that she had that Perfect Peace from God and that he was using this time to heal her family and to bring others to the Lord. That is my prayer also.  If YOU died today,would you have that assurance that you would go to heaven? What's your answer?

 

6 comments:

  1. If I had thought about it I would of made "There is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven" as my Journal title. Good vers lol but the brings that song from the Bettels to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture and yes, if I were to leave this physical body I would be face to face with my Redeemer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this verse. i first heard it on "footloose" when kevin bacon said it.lol. sorry to hear about your friend's dad. it's good so many ppl were there for comfort. i'm afraid my answer is "no, i was saved once in bible school when i was 12yrs old, but i have since then backslid & don't think i would go to Heaven."something i need to change. btw, that verse, since you didn't use for title, you could always put it for your description, i changed mine today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is always a time for everything--it is just in God's time.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am blessed in that I am Christ's. If I live I am HIS and if I die I am Hisl; either way, I win. I meant to visit your journal before now. sorry...but at least I have returned, and will again. lol GOD BLESS YOU, Barbpinion

    ReplyDelete