Monday, February 23, 2004

Do you know about SPYWARE!!!

UGH!  Our DSL connection went down today and we had to call customer service about it.  After waiting atleast an hour on hold we finaly get threw and do the normal yadyadyada in witch the tec tells us, sounds like you have spyware on your PC that is redirecting your start page.  YUCK he recomends we get SPYBOT search and destroy to take it off.  So we get it and you wouldnt belive allllllllllll this crap on our computer!!! Takes us half the day to get this all fixed and I am not even sure we got it all.

Spyware also called Adware is a program you download, most of the time unknowingly, when you download other programs off a website, like if you are getting a free game or a music player. What this program does is trasmit your info back to its company and they track you and also send you to anoinying webpages you dont want to be at and also causes pop-ups. Some that we had was Bonzi Buddy, Gator, ComanName, dialers and oh man there was some X rated ones on there also! God only knows how much of our personal, private info is floating around out there, being analized by a company, and wating to jump on us and try and market some crap product to us.  I feel so violated, so dirty right now.  I need a shower!!! I recomend EVERYONE get the spybot and see who has been tracking your personal info and web activities!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I installed Spybot a few months ago, and you are right so much junk in there that it picks up. That reminds me, its time I did search and destroy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. You can also restore your computer back six months without losing anything important but it will FIX your hardrive to get rid of the spying people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about it, so on this computer, I do nothing but type. : )
    On my other computer, I have the Spybot and firewalls and all of that but it slowed the computer down so much that I hate to use it now. The best thing to do is go into explore (right click on start) and see if you have new programs you didn't have before listed when the box comes up and delete the cookies and history THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, it seems everytime i install a firewall or anything of that nature my computer gets so slow and programs i have on there get all messed up so i just leave it alone.

    ReplyDelete