Monday, February 9, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMMY

I love my brother and it makes me sad he has to spend his b-day in jail but I will not be his enabler.  Tommy has a crack addiction and has been in and out of rehab. Everyone has done what they could to help the boy but till he really wants off the drugs there isnt much more you can do for him.  He has plenty of start over times and would do well for a while but always go back to the drugs.  Tommy has a very compasinate heart but once he is one the drugs he dosnt care for anything but how to get them and what lie to tell to get them.  So now he is in jail for some time and that is for the best I think for now.  He has been troubled since way back and it seems to me that my dad predicted him being right where he is now.  I tried to resist telling him what my dad said to him once, "sending you some pink underware and a pack of kotex" (horrible I know LOL)  Like I said we tried to help him anyway we could and he always went back.  Last we spoke I told him to stop running from God that he loves you dispite your mistakes and that we love you also. Some thing for him to think about and he about burst into tears.  Josh has blocked his jail house calls and that is fine because they cost way too much, but I did promise to write him.  It is hard when the kids overhead about uncle Tommy, cuz they love him so much, but we told them, this is what happens when you do drugs, and you have to pay the price for it, we still love him, just not the way he acts.  Pray for him.

7 comments:

  1. it's hard to understand the pull drugs has on a person. i know with my addiction, the oxy contins cause a chemical in the brain to stop producing. therefore the body & brain need an opiate to function properly. it is a disease. it doesn't make the person weak or bad. it just means they have a problem that they can't overcome. there's a price to pay for everything we do that is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cont~ i agree God is the best help anyone can get. but they also need treatment to learn how to stay clean in those late hours when you're by yourself & the cravings and body aches get to be too much and you pray for them to end & they follow you to your dreams. treatment is designed to teach a person "how to say no". but until a person is ready, nobody is going to change them. sometimes jail is the best place they can be. at least they're away from the drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will keep your brother in my prayers and thoughts for i truly do understand his hurt and pain and addiction. it took God blessing me with a beautiful little girl before i could "see the light". perhaps, your brother too will one day be given a sign or blessing that will turn him completely around. keep praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about your brother. Those drugs can pull even the best people down. With a sister like you praying for him and caring about him, hopefully he will get better. :-) *lila*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Addiction is a terrible sickness. I wish for healing for your brother. That's my birthday wish for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary I am sorry about your brother. Happy birthday to him. It must break your heart what he's doing with his life. I have someone close to me doing coke right now and I have no idea what to do anymore. You are a very sweet sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, knowing he has a loving sister to come home to when he is ready should be incentive enough to keep him on a straight path. I will pray for him.

    ReplyDelete