Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Little Blessings

  

As a parent I always seem to want for my kids what I didn't have as a girl growing up, arn't we all like that?  Having 4 kids is not always easy and we have to strech about everything.  At Christmas I soooo wanted to get the girls a play kitchen (like the one I never had lol) or one of those playschool yard toys, the house or jungle gym.  After pricing them there was just no way Josh would let me spend that kind of money and still be able to get them other "santa gifts" so that passed but the feeling that I let them down stuck.  Now granted this was not anything they asked for, it was just something I wanted to give them lol so it was no loss to them. They had a wonderful Christmas.  Now Lilly and Annie's b-day is aproching (March 4th and 8th) and that feeling of wanting to get them what I didn't have came back up. Josh and I even had a conversation about it and how silly I was thinking.  Then yesterday we went to Zane's Blue and Gold for Boyscouts and the head leader asked me if we wanted a kitchen set for the girls, the church that sponcers the troop is getting rid of it cuz they are making room for expansion.  Ofcourse I jumped with glee inside! It is the good set too, the wooden ones that are popular in daycare.  This set new coast over $400, I know cuz I checked. This was a big blessing to me and as soon as I clean up the play room and get it set up I know the girls and maybe even Zane will love it. As if God hasn't bless me engh this week, tonight at church a friend asked if we wanted the Little tykes play stuff they had in thier back yard, it is only a year old but they wanted to make room in thier yard for something else and it was ours if we wanted it for free! I am just in awe, God saw what I wanted and before I could even ask, he blessed me with it. He does this all the time! I could tell you story after story of us needing something and just the right time he provides it. A desk, a couch that was perfect, a house with afordable rent in the good school distrect, and on and on. Some may think these are little things and why even write about them, but to me they are big and I my heart is overwelmed right now by the gratidued I feel for my Lord.

1 comment:

  1. My heart smiled while reading this entry. It is how God has always done for me. Take care & God bless you. Barb

    ReplyDelete