Saturday, February 7, 2004

Saturday stuff

You would think Saturdays are for lazing around right? lol  Josh got up early today and went up to church to help out.  They are doing some on going re-modeling and today they are working in the childrens room, tearing down and building up shelves and built in tables and closets and more electrical outlets.  All week Josh has pertty much been off of work so he has been going into the shop and doing "goverment" work, welding brackets together for these wall mounted tables.  I can't wait to see how they turn out.  Today Annie had another birthday party to go to, this time at Tumble Drumm.  The other kids are disapointed that they didnt get to stay but we did our own thing.  We went to CostCo and I got my very first pair of Calvin Klein Jeans. Is $22 a good price for those?  I thought so and I am so proud of fitting into my new size that I got them with out even trying them on.  They fit good but a bit long.  I dont do shopping for new clothes much so I am never sure how to tell about fitting and sizing. I am short but not bone thin, so I alway think petiet is not for me? Oh well I will wear them with boots and that will make up for the lenth. So I have almost all the outfits I need for Vegas, just need some new shoes and maybe a dress and I should be set.  I also got bulk pack of tissue for Sophia's poor noise, the kind with lotion in it and pertty box.  We ate lunch there too. And some brownies for tonight.  We are going to "homegroup" and there is always food, so I had to do my part.  Amy is going too!  This will be great, give people some time to get to know her a little better and vic versa.  Home group is basicly people from church getting together for fellowship at peoples homes, we sing a bit, read a bit and eat a bit.  It is geared so that we can invite people we know that may not feel comfortable in a church setting to come and learn more about Christ. We meet once a month. I love it.

6 comments:

  1. Have a good time at your group. I would say that is a good price for jeans, considering the brand! When are you going to Vegas? I used to live there. Have a good weekend! :-) *lila*

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!
    I haven't had a pair of Calvins since I was a teenager!
    $22.00 seems like a GREAT price!!!
    Have a great time in Vegas!

    dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess. I by my jeans at the 10 dollar store. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a good price for the jeans. You can do petite or womens it doesn't matter. I'm barely 5'2" and I just buy what I like..if it happens to be petite that what I get. Weight doesn't really matter at all. That's so nice that josh is helping with the church. You are great people! I like the idea of that group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby says $22 is a good price. She is petite and fights with length of stuff all the time. It is hard to get old. Your body size changes no matter how much you fight it. When we were married Libby was 5'1" and 116 lbs. I was 6'2" and 217. I had a 34" waist and 54"chest. Now my waist and chest match. I no longer like to clothes shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home groups are nice. They make it easier for new people trying to fit in. I loved getting together . My favorite was making home visits, just taking a cake or casserole to somebody in trouble or maybe to share over milk or coffee. God bless you. HUGS>.Barb

    ReplyDelete