Wednesday, February 25, 2004

OK! Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. I have created My Purpose Driven Life Journal to write in and have read the prestuff.  I am sure that journal will spill over into this one, how can it not, but still check it out like you check this one (ya I know, ANOTHER journal to read lol).  Josh isn't too happy about me starting another journal, meaning more time on the puter, i bet he wishes I would of gaven up the computer for lent and not read a book lol.  Oh question, as you know I am not Catholic but I like to understand thier traditions, especilay since I live in STL, a big Catholic City you could say lol.  What is with Ash Wednesday and Palm Sunday? I know on Wednesday the ashes from the palms burned from Palm Sunday are wiped on your forhead and there is something recited and you are to wear it all day, What is the significance of these two days? LOL Now I know some of my friends probly thinking, MARY are you goint to turn Catholic on us??  NO, but like I said I like to understand some traditions, but like I have said in the past, I am not into living by traditions and religion, but into Relationship. My dad was raised Catholic and his side of the family are um nonpracticing ones and like I said I live in a big Catholic city.  When the Cardinal gets sick or anything, it makes the news lol. When the Pope came to town a few years back this town went NUTS! So for me to be a good neighbor I should know about these things right. Just like I should learn about the Jewish traditions and the Muslim ones, so I can understand thier thinking and be sensitive to thier needs and inturn be a friend and good witness. Off of the subject but not too far, we rented this abserd DVD lastnight called The Order.  Anyone seen it?  Josh got it not me.  It was based on something called a Sin Eater. Anyone ever heard of that? It takes place to the back drop of the Catholic Church and how they belive if you are out side of that church there is no way to the kingdom for you, but if you have some one called the sin eater preform this cermoney just before your death, where they literaly take on your sins (blamy, cuz that is what Jesus did on the cross and only he can do that) you can enter into heaven. I could go into a long rant about that movie but not worth the charther limit lol.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie you are trying to understand another religion...that is something special. That's funny about you saying josh might wish you gave up the computer for lent. I never saw that movie. I want to see the Passion though. My favorite Is Jesus of Nazereth...I wonder if any could be better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Religion is one of those subjects that has so many views and ways of believing. I was raised a Babtist, but on occasion will vist other churches just to get a differant prespective. One that I don't understand at all is Islam, I don't have too much positive to say about that, I think its more of a cult from the research I've done. That Mohommad that started it was basicly a pedophile from what I've read about it.

    ReplyDelete