Sunday, February 8, 2004

"Depart from Me for I never Knew You"

click for song    A few nights ago I was up late and was watching the Craige Killborn show. The lead singer for Creed on.  Now granted I am not the most musicaly savvy person, and not up on who is what and all that but I dont live under a rock and have heard of Creed. They caught my eye when I first heard this song Arms Wide Open on the radio.  This just goes to show how music can be subjective.  Listing to this song?  To me ofcourse it sounds like he is singing of a born again experance and all the joy associated with that coming to the Lord's arms wide open and all the new things you discover in the Light. I was like wow, how did this get on secular radio. Later to find out it was speaking of when he first found out about him becoming a father.Anyways, so he was talking and was asked about his music and if they was a Christian band.As if this is a bad thing?!  Here is where I shutter, he said NO WAY, just that he was raised that way in a very stricked home and that sometimes it may come out in words in the music but defintly not that kind of band, no they wanted to be Rock Stars. He has worked out his own belifes and it dosnt sound like it follows along with the way he was raised.  That is fine.  But very sad to me, he has so much talent, talent give to him by the Lord, yet he would choose to reject him and instead of using the gifts given to him to Glofiy the Lord, he uses it to gain the world and all it's riches.  "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world yet loose his soul?"  It is just always strange to me that some one who say they once knew Jesus would turn thier back on him. Becuase if you really KNOW him, there is just no going back. Why would you, why would you want to?  If you know him and know his grace and mercy and truth, why turn from that and choose darkness, and the wide path?  I know just a rant, and there are answers to fit those questions, but I just don't understand it.  I say if you can do that you must of never Knew him, it was all head knowlage and not heart knowlage. I always say there is a great differance between knowing about Jesus and KNOWING Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. Ofcourse there are always those prodical sons, those who are allowed to wonder away and come back after they have discovered what the world is all about and how much contrast it is compared to God's love for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love creed. they have alot of beautiful songs. arms wide open is one of them. "my own prison" is another. it talks about God in it. "one" is a great song they have. it talks of everyone coming together instead of hate driving us apart. so really they do speak through they're music wonderful things that teaches love. whether they want to admit it or not.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is we need to pray for these guys. God sure could use their talent to spread the gospel.

    ReplyDelete