Tuesday, February 24, 2004

what are you doing for the 40days of Lent? Get Purpose Driven!

40 DAYS OF PURPOSEI am not Catholic but I know that they have the traditoin of giving something up for 40days during Lent. I was talking about this with Josh, asking if maybe we should think about giving something up for Lent, sounds like something spirutal to do right lol. He wasn't to keen on that idea and besides we dont do things to sound spirtual, we do them unto the Lord, not cuz of traditions. Then I got this even better idea, We could read the book THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE.  I had bought it last summer and told my friend Kathy about it and started a trend at church where everyone has read it.  Well I never did finish it, I got like into 5 chapters. Not that its boring, just sometimes life gets busy and I put it a side.  Now I have been hearing about this book all over the place, whole churches doing 40weeks on it and bible studies poping up everywhere on it.  It is a very easy book to read, only have to read one short chapter a day for 40 days.  Anyone want to start reading it with me?? I would love to have someone who is at the same parts as me to talk about it.  I am also planning on starting a journal dedicated to it and what I learn from it. More on that later. When does Lent start anyways?? lol I thought it was Friday or is it Wednesday (AshWednesday)?

4 comments:

  1. I never gave anything up for lent...I have no will power and I'm with Josh...who made up that rule anyway? My mom might know when those days start

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not only a time to give up something (I'm Catholic). Sometimes, it's a time for more prayer and meditation, giving time to a charity, reflecting on past offenses and just a time remember what Jesus suffered. Many are a private choice as to how to sacrifice or reflect on the time before the Ressurection. Lent starts on Ash Wednesday.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not only a time to give up something (I'm Catholic). Sometimes, it's a time for more prayer and meditation, giving time to a charity, reflecting on past offenses and just a time remember what Jesus suffered. Many are a private choice as to how to sacrifice or reflect on the time before the Ressurection. Lent starts on Ash Wednesday.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, way cool. Our church is starting this next Sunday (all 4,000 of us.) I will be glad to read your thought and will probably blog mine too. - Randy

    ReplyDelete