Tuesday, September 7, 2004

A Cursed World but God is still on the Throne!

Today was one of those days where I found myself saying to God "How MUCH MORE CAN YOU POSSIBLY PILE ON ONE PERSON OR ONE FAMILY!"  I was wondering out loud why, why, why.. so much evil, when will you end it and come for us?

I know this is a cursed world and that men have free will to not do God's and that yes, everything happens for a reason.  I know Satan has been let loose for a time on this earth, seeking who he may Destroy, that he is the father of lies, that his goal is to wreak havoc on lives and take down as many souls with him because he knows he has already lost and God has already conquered him.  Sometimes knowing and connecting it with reality is a challenge but I stand on God's promises and take each thought captive and conform them to God's Words (trying to).

I find myself at a loss sometimes of what to say to my friends or loved ones, when I want to comfort them so much but I am frail and I fail.  The best I can do is tell them of what I know the Lord has done for me in my life and point them in his direction and tell them of the promises he gives to all those who love and trust him.  This is also why I love to pray for other ppl.  I know where I can do nothing, God can do everything.  That is also why I get a bit freaked when I see ppl making prayers and new age babble to this fire to burn away their cares and worries, knowing how that is not going to be a solution at all.  I am sure it will bring some temporary comfort, settle them for a bit, but it is all false.  How can anything dead, or element or false idol bring you that True Peace, True Joy, True Comfort, that only THE LIVING GOD CAN BRING?! Only He can bring you what are so desperately seeking.  Only he can fill that void you have so deep with in you.  Without him there is unrest and an emptiness (I KNOW THIS TOO WELL).  Ask HIM for it!! He will give it to you!  Seek HIM, and you will find HIM.  Ask and He WILL answer you.

Not that I am on the most grounded of terms with him at this moment.. It is hard for me to watch him keep pouring and pouring it on some of my loved ones and friends.  I know it is partly because I feel so helpless and inadequate, like I have not been the best of friend to them because of my own troubles.  I don't feel like I have been that Godly Women they have come to lean on and look to.  My spiritual reflexes have been out of whack but that is changing.. *DAY BY DAY* I know God brings us to things and makes us go threw fires and trials to grow us.  I have no doubt that is what is going on with my loved ones and friends and Me too.

He is like the master silversmith, who puts his precious metal in the fire to burn away the dross, to get the imperfections out and make the silver even more pure.  He is like the potter and we are the clay, molding us his creation into the vessel he wants to use for His purpose.  And that sometimes with clay you have to slam the clay to get the air bubbles out and make it more pliable.  Not a fun process if you are the clay or the silver but the end result is so worth the pain when you come out so shinny you reflect the father's love or you are a wonderfully made cup that he fills with his love and mercy to help serve others and live by his will for your life.  When we come out of the other side of the trial we are closer and closer to God.  He grows our faith, he matures us, he perfects us with these things.

The trial isn't about seeing how much we can handle at one time on our own but to see how we REACT to the stress and the pressures. We was never created to do it all on our own. The test is to see if we are going to trust him right away with it all, to give it over to him, knowing he is in control, he knows our needs and fears, or to see if we will hold on to it, let it eat away at us, until we get to the point where we have no choice but to go to HIM with it all.  To come to the end of our self and let Him in us work.  The faster we learn that, the fast the trial is over.  Trusting that what Satan has meant for harm, God will use and turn around for HIS Glory, and His Honor, for those who love and trust him.  That is a promise YOU can stand on.

God is preparing each of his own for his return. He is coming for that Bride that is ready, without spot or blemish or wrinkle.  He is going to do that work in us,(if we like it or not) we cannot do it on our own.  Trust him today with each worry, each problem, and each fear.  Give it over to HIM and let it go, let HIM do the work on the inside of you.

Please join me in prayer for my loved ones and friends and ME, as we get threw this temporary place of evil and look forward to our redemption drawing neigh.  Amy and Riely have been going threw so much and I wish I could give details but I am bound by that trust they put in me not to.  Just know they have deep hurts and are learning to trust God with them.  Also I know by now everyone has been caught up to today's events over at (((((JESSE)))))) journal.  Keep him and his family in prayer.  I am so thankful God was protecting his sisters and that because of their sharp minds they got away and was able to help the police get this kidnapper!  I know what it is like when you are worried about a loved one like that.  I have to write some other time about when my niece was kidnapped and how God brought us all threw it.

I live a simple life, I take a day at a time
I spend my mornings with God before I hit the grind
The subtleties of darkness never cease to amaze
As a physical world creates a spiritual haze

Blinded by distractions
Lost in matterless affairs
Reaching through the darkness
Trusting You will meet me there

(chorus)
Day by day, day by day
Day by day, day by day
Oh dear Lord, three things I pray [one, two, three]
To see thee more clearly [day by day]
To love thee more dearly [day by day]
To follow thee more nearly [I got to take it]
Day by day

You cruise around the corner
You watch your back

You sweep your feet down alley streets
Sometimes you creep, I never see you coming
Monday, man you're on my back
Like a knapsack strapped with my heavy burden

No, You cannot condemn me
I won't buy your bag of goods
You've got nothing for me anyway
That's why I pray

(repeat chorus)

These three things
I do pray
Day by day

Day by day, by day, by day
[These three things]
Day by day, by day, by day
[I do pray]
Day by day, by day, by day, by day (2x) [it's one step out of time]

(repeat chorus)

As you walk
Day by day
Go to God and pray,
I'm gonna go Your way

[I'm gonna pray]
See thee more clearly [every day]
Love thee more dearly [oooh, oh yeah]
Follow thee more nearly [I'm gonna go your way]
Does any body hear me?

Day by day, by day, by day by
Day by day, by day, by day by
Day by day, by day, by day, by day

[I know I'm always safe with you]
[One day at a time]

1 comment:

  1. Yes have you ever read the story of Buck knives. I saw it on the 700 club one day. The knives are as they are becuase they have been thru the fire. Thats why they are sharpe. yes sometimes I just want God to take control now!!!!!!!!  Sometimes I find myself saying oh myhere I go again prayer and praying and praying and prayer. UGH!!!!!!!!!!  Sometimes it feels like i am spinning my wheels. So many need prayer and I need myself prayer. You know you dont have to be perfect. GEE WHIZ Look at David a man after Gods own heart. HE ceritanly was not perfect and ABraham!!!!!!!!!!!  The old testment people we get to see so much more of thier humaniesss I think Other than Peter in the new testament I dont see it there as much> I mean really look Abraham........ He twice lied and gave his wife away. REALLY woudl you stand by Josh if he did that??????? and SARA OH sara!!!!!!!! she laughed at Gods messengers when they said she would havea child!!!!!!!!!!! But God rewareded her. Really really how many times do i dismiss a thought of a blessing when I hear it. Pray without believeing. I hope as the fall comes around we will be celebrating our fall feasts and festivals which picture the Lords return. They show the wedding feast and everythingabout his coming from Rosh when we stand and look and the watchmen announce his appearing to the time of judgement and then repentance at Day of attonement when we throw our sins intothe river never to be remembered again and then the weddding in the chupah at sukkot. I ll be posting pics and telling of it. Thisis the time of year when we look to his appearing as pictured in the bible. Maybe it will give you hope > I have some pics last year and somethings we did last year in my journal But this year I hope to writemore about it. Lori

    ReplyDelete