Friday, September 17, 2004

*in an E.T. voice* OUCH!

For almost a week now I have been trying to figure out what in the world is going on with my lower back!

At first I thought oh, maybe I am getting a kidney infection (have had them before so I know the feeling) because I had this dull pain right there and it was familiar but then I got my period, so I attributed the back aches to that.  And the more I think about it, I don't think it is an infection because it doesn't hurt when I go to the bathroom and I do not have a fever like I would if it was a kidney infection. I have been drinking water and cranberry juice just in case. Then we left for the weekend and instead of taking the offer of my MIL's bed I slept on the floor with the kids.  That I am sure did not help any.  It is not like it was this big, chronic life changing pain, just a dull pain.  And now for about 3 days I will say, whenever I bend over or sit down a certain way it feels worse.  Like I am an old lady or something!  I just know some icy hot would feel wonderful on it lol.  I am trying not to be this big complainer to Josh and to my friend Amy. I know ppl who have much worse pain than I can even imagine, and they live with it daily without a wimpier.  I was describing it to Amy today and she said it sounded like a strained muscle but I have no clue how or when I would have done that lol.  She offered me some muscle relaxare but I said no way, it isn't THAT bad and I don't want her to become my drug dealer lol.  She said she had some home remedy that may help and is going to bring it over later today after her own doc. Appointment.

Yesss, I knowww.. I should just call my doctor and get in for a checkup, that the back is nothing to mess with and should be taken care of.  But I am a big baby when it comes to ANY kind of pain, so to some where it may be just a baby pinch, to me it is blown out of proportion lol  So I am thinking if I do go in, after the big ordeal that it takes to actually get an appointment, find a ride, and bring the kids in with me, it will be nothing and it will of been a waste of my time and money and I'll feel foolish. LOL and besides, I still owe my primary doc money.  And with me facing oral surgery, we are trying to put aside money for that, so we can pay upfront, since that seems to be the only way, so maybe by Jan I will be able to get done what needs to be done. 

It is supposed to be this really beautiful weekend weather wise here.  I want to go out to the winery with just me and Josh.  But ofcourse no sitters.  So we are trying to settle on something to do together as a family.  The Big Balloon Race In Forest Park is tomorrow and tonight they have The Big Glow with the Balloons.  I have never seen this and want to take the kids, but the thought of the crowds and fussing with the kids right now, especially how my back is feeling is kinda holding me back.

Blaaaaaa!

Prayers for healing would be appreciated.

6 comments:

  1. go to the doctor. I do the same thing...I get a pain i think the worst. Kidney infection, collapsed lung? Cancer? But that still doesn't get me off my rump and on the doctors table. Just go. just go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the doctor, kiddo. I know, it's the pits to have to go but do it anyway. It's better than hurting and not knowing what's wrong. Hugs..*Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better.....take care of yourself!!!  The winery sounds like fun......we have the too many kiddies/no sitter problem too......maybe the balloon thing will be fun too!
    ~jerseygirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your back improves. I understand back pain, having to lift Stephen like I do, so please don't feel like a whiner. If it's hurting you, it needs attention, you don't want to let it go and hope it goes away. I am praying for you as I type. Ibuprofen works wonders if there is inflammation. My Dr. told me to take 3 in stead of 2. It helps. :)

    Take care and enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW glow ballons must be neat. But a winerry is neat too. YUM YUM samples please. Maybe see a chiropractor ours helps us sooooooo much Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journals pritty cool,and I'd go to a Dr. about your back probs..  Signed.... I read and don't get read.

    ReplyDelete