Thursday, September 9, 2004

Where Where You When The World Stopped Turning...

It occured to me  while reading Lori's Journal that September 11 is coming up and I will be out of town and will not be able to do the post I had planned for that day.  So I am going to do it today while I am thinking about it.

WHERE WHERE YOU WHEN THE WORLD STOPPED TURNING THAT SEPTEMBER DAY?

Click for song

chao Image

sequence Image

pent2 Image

(click for more pics)  I still get teary eyed when I think on it.

It was T.V. free week at our house.  We was tring to get a focus on family time and God and the t.v. had become a big deraint of that.  So that morning I was cleaning and tending to Lilly and 2 month old Sophia.  I was listioning to Neil Dimond, some of my fav cleaning music.  Josh called me from work and said, "HAVE YOU HEARD?! TURN ON THE T.V."  "Why?? NO it is t.v. free week and I want to stick to it. What is going on?"  " I just heard it over the radio, America is under attack! Turn on the T.V. and tell me what is going on!" I click on the t.v. just as the second plane is hitting the Towers in New York.  "OMG JOSH! THIS IS HORRIBLE, OMG ALL THOSE PPL!!!! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!"  I was holding Sophia on my hip at the time and was about to faint but held it together and put her down and began shaking and crying.  "I am coming home home.  I just heard that they are hitting everywhere, in Washington and something about another plane.. and car bombs?? We just don't know what is next.  I am going to pick Zane up from school on the way."  I could not take my eyes off the t.v. They played it all over and over and each time was horrible and I prayed for each person in the fires and rubble, hoping some how some of them would make it out ok.  I do not know anyone who was in any of them, but still, they are people, with familys and they are also my fellow Americans.  This was an act of WAR on all of us, not just those ppl who happen to be working that day.  I was so fearfull.  I didn't know if something was going to happen here in St. Louis or in other places where I have family.  I called my friend Kathy at her job because I watch her daughter when she comes home with Annie from Head Start.  "Kathy!  Are you seeing any of this?  What is going on!"  "Yes we have it on here, I am just speachless!"  "Should I go and get the girls from school?  Do you think it is safe?  What if something happens here?"  "NO, let's not freak them out.  I am not worried.  God is in Control and what ever happens happens."  That settled me so much that day.  The thought that no mattter what, God was in Control.  We tried not to have the kids watch the T.V. with us all that day, but it was hard.  We sent them up to thier rooms to play and distract them but they wanted to understand what we couldnt, what and why was this happening.  We just could not shelter them, so we did talk to our very young children as frank as we could.  And they handled it I think better then us adults.

Here is what I wrote in my prayer journal a few days after it all happened.

9/13/01

Dear Lord,

     My heart is uneasy.  I'm very sad, yet excited.  For whatever reason you have, you allowed my country to be attacked.  Thousands of peoople are hurt and dead in New York and Washington.  I know many of them are not saved, but I pray "What ever the enemy has meant for evil, God will use for good."  I know I can have peace in you and shoud not worry.  I know you protect me and my family and that we will be with you if we do die.  I know I just need to hold faith that you have given me.  I pray for you to give me peace.  I pray that you will  use me.  Use me for your purpose.  Give me the words to give to people who need it.  The End Time Message has become very real to me.  I now know that I will see you in my lifetime.  I want to bring as many people as you put in front of me to know you.  PLease help me with this.  I love you Lord and I know you love me.  I can't imagin where I would beif I didn't know that.  I know there are many people who are lost.  Many of my own loved ones.  I just pray that you will become very real to them, that they will come to know the Lord and know the same Peace I have in you.

IN JESUS NAME I PRAY, AMEN.

 

Share your stories and leave a link!

Have a blessed weekend everyone!!

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I was on the other end of the spectrum with the children.  I was the teacher at the school trying to remains informed, but calm, while not allowing the children to know any of my worries.  It was a crazy day!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful entry, though sad. I put writing mine off till the last minute.

    Hugs...*Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were just all in such shcck we just never thought this could happen to us. I sure drew us all closer and made us all think. But I am afraid we are all forgetting and pulling back again. getting to comfortable in our zones. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful entry and sad at the same time.....
    ~jerseygirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at home.  Bush was reading "My Pet Goat."

    That Happy Chica,
    Marcia Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love HappyChickas comment. Ah Mary..it was a really really scary morning

    ReplyDelete