Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Tom Petty Writes songs about ME! Why no one belive me.. here are just a few examples..

Josh is the one who got me into Tom Petty when we was teens.. and I always like to tease that Tom knew me and most of his songs are about me.. Mary's Last Dance for example lol and now I found a song that talks about honey bee and Milwaukee!  Will you believe me now!?  Tom is my long lost.. um something.. *wink*

Come on now, give me some sugar
Give me some sugar, little honey bee
Don’t be afraid, not gonna hurt you
I wouldn’t hurt my little honey bee

Don’t say a word, ’bout what we’re doin’
Don’t say nothin’ little honey bee
Don’t tell your momma, don’t tell your sister
Don’t tell your boyfriend, little honey bee

She like to call me king bee
She like to buzz ’round my tree
I call her honey bee
I’m a man in a trance
I’m a boy in short pants
When I see my honey bee
And I’ve got something to say

Look here now, peace in the valley
Peace in the valley with my honey bee
Don’t say a word, ’bout what we’re doin’
Don’t say nothin ’ little honey bee

She give me her monkey hand
And a rambler sedan
I’m the king of Milwaukee
Her juju beads are so nice
She kissed my third cousin twice
I’m the king of pomona
And I’ve got something to say

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She grew up in a Indiana town,
Had a good lookin' mama who never was around.
But she grew up tall and she grew up right
With them Indiana boys on an Indiana night.

Well she moved down here at the age of eighteen,
She blew the boys away; was more than they'd seen.
I was introduced and we both started groovin'
She said, "I dig you, baby, but I got to keep movin' - on.
Keep movin' on."

Chorus
Last dance with Mary Jane, one more time to kill the pain.
I feel summer creepin' in and I'm tired of this town again.

Well I don't know but I've been told, you never slow down, you never grow old.
I'm tired of screwin' up, tired of goin' down,
Tired of myself, tired of this town,
Oh my, my, oh hell yes - Honey put on that party dress.
Buy me a drink, sing me a song,
Take me as I come . cause I can't stay long.

(Repeat Chorus)

There's pigeons down on Market Square,
She's standing in her underwear.
Lookin' down from a hotel room,
Nightfall will be coming soon.
Oh my, my, oh hell yes, you got to put on that party dress.
It was too cold to cry, when I woke up alone.
I hit my last number, I walked to the road.

(Repeat Chorus)

3 comments:

  1. correction.. I first heard Last Dance when I lived in Tomahawk.. and it described how I felt about that town.. lol : P

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your famous!!!!!!!!!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I believe you!!!  Now are you from Indiana too?!?!

    Sorry ~ I'm sooooooooo bad when it comes to reading the private journals.  I wish there was a better way to track the entries, bloglines won't allow me to add your link, sigh.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete