Wednesday, September 22, 2004

What I saw last night and a dream I had years ago.. Very Grafic Description of a Beheading

Last night I was cruising around blogspot *gasp* I know I crossed the line and stepped off the street from J~Land and went to see what was out there in the World Wide Web.  I was looking for a certain Blog.. one I had read before and wanted to see if it was still there.  Anyway, upon my searching I found all these threads in regard to the last Beheading of a hostage and one of the blogs actually had a link to the video!  Call me morbid if you will, but I clicked on it and viewed it.  I was aware that there was a recent beheading but had not really heard anymore on it.. seems like these things are being swept under the rug, and ppl prefer not to talk about it on the news or even here in J~Land, I don't remember any posts about it...  I was unprepared for what I saw!

It was about a 9 min video.  I watched with the sound off since it was late and I don't speak Arabic anyway or care to hear what their demands are.  As I was watching all I could think was..

Someone knows these people.. Someone sold them that knife.. Someone sold them or bought them their clothes.. Some mother gave birth to these ppl who are ranting mad.  And I thought, what cowards.. Won't even show their face but hide behind a mask.. like a Clan Member or something. 

Then I watched the poor man who was kneeling on the floor with his eyes covered by a blindfold and hands tied behind his back.  He was rocking back and forth and shaking more and more as the terrorist went on with his rant.  He knew he was about to die!  The rant went on for a very long time.. and I guess I kinda grew tiered of it and my mind wondered some.. remember I had the sound off.  I was reminded of a dream I had had almost 5yrs ago now.. And I went to my Bible software to look up the word beheaded in the Bible. There are six scripture references to it.  I was reading threw them but had the video at the corner of my eye.

As soon as I was done reading:

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The beheading started. The camera moved in fast for a close up shot as the terrorist pushed the man to the ground and restrained him and other one took out what looked like a big stake knife and started hacking away at this other human's neck.  He took him by the throat and cut it open like a piece of meant and mercilessly sawing away.  The blood flowed like a waterfall out of the wound.  Real blood.. not like you see in the movies, not at all.  The man went limp and all color from his face was gone.. he was pale and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. It took a good few min to get this task completed I think, but I was at that point looking threw my hands to my face and time lost all it's meaning.  When the terrorist finished and hand the head totally free from the man's body he held it up proud, like a trophy! And the camera went back and forth from him to the headless body. And then the video ended quickly with a back drop to the Jihadist Flag.  As soon as the video ended my AOL software logged me off.

I sat in my seat stunned, in shock, still processing what I saw.  Those images will be tattooed to my brain forever.  I logged back on to see if about maybe posting the link here but when looking all evidence in my tool bar of the sites I had visited that night was lost!  I looked back threw blogspot but could not find the link again. 

Why is there not an outcry threw out all nations over this!  Why are we so conformable in our cozy homes?!  How can we let this go one!  There should be outrage threw every facet of the world!  DO NOT GIVE THESE PPL WHAT THEY WANT. IT ONLY ENCOURAGES THEM! DO NOT BE FEARFUL!

Then I prayed and prayed... Remembering the dream I had years ago.

It was before I became a committed Christian but I had already started to think on God and who Jesus Christ was but had not bothered to pick up a Bible.  One night I had become very ill and had a temp so high that Josh had thrown me in a cool bath and called the ER nurse to see if he should take me in.  The flu was going around bad but I had not been around or even worked at the time, to be exposed to it, yet this nurse assumed what it was and said it would pass and just keep me hydrated.  That night I thrashed around so much in bed that Josh took the couch.  I cannot even begin to go into each detail of this dream or vision as I like to refer to it because it was so vivid and long.  I know Josh said I was talking what was gibberish to him in my sleep.  In my dream it was Greek and Hebrew, but I didn't know that at the time.  I saw many things but for this post I will only share the ending.

I had been whisked away in the spirit and had been showed many time periods, from the time of Christ to the future of great turmoil where all my family would die before I did.  I was showed me preaching to a large crowd of ppl about Jesus and warning of the end that is to come and I knew instinctively that I was going to get in trouble for it.  It was as if I was living it out, not so much being a bystander.  I was taken away and arrested and put in the worst prison imaginable.  I was convicted without trial and my punishment was death by beheading.  I remember thinking what an outrage, no trial, but then I remember hearing my future self thinking this was no surprise to her and she had NO FEAR of what was to come.  Defiantly I stood tall and would not cry out.  My head was put to what seemed like a chopping block and as a long sword came to my neck I remember crying out to the Lord.  I felt NO pain and instantly was with Jesus and was reunited with all those I loved and cared about who had died before me.  It was the purest joy I had ever felt.  Then I woke up covered or should I say drenched in sweat, and the fever had broken...

Last night I was thinking and praying... Lord how can I ever get to that point, to have no fear like that.. for surely you had showed me that for a purpose.. I truly think that I will oneday die like that.  I am the biggest baby right now, any little pain and I cry out.  Grow me, strengthen me to bring me to that point Lord.

I really do think I was supposed to watch that video, to be reminded and to refocus on God's Will for my life.

7 comments:

  1. You'd be surprised at how many Christians have had dreams of one kind or another, similar to yours. I think the Lord prepares us ahead of time. I know I've had three dreams that keep coming up when I'm overwhelmed, feeling like giving up, or being rejected for standing up for what I believe. This is a wonderful entry. Great food for thought. I hope many people read it. Much love and always my prayers. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mary!  That's quite intense!  I have had visions, but none like that......they are usually more abstract.....and often about a friend who is hurting or in need.  WOW

    Tracy
    http://journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/ARoseByAnyOtherName/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't watch those anymore. I watched the beheading of Nick Berg and even though I didn't know what they were saying in the first 15 mins of the video I still listened. After that I was just like you in total awe and shock of what I had just seen. I don't understand why everyone lets it go, why everyone "sweeps it under the rug". If this was someone in any of the families here in J-land we'd all go bonkers but because its not noone recongnized it. Why?
    OMG! I just heard, I mean JUST that 2 other Americans have been beheaded in the past 48 hours after taken hostage from their apartment in Baghdad. I have no more to say, I'm totally shocked now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure can make you thik . YES It was someone child it was someone spouce maybe or dad. Someone made that knife. I am just very tired of this stuff. I dont know if I could have handled it though. It must have been horrific. I been haivng wierd dreams not bad ones but stairs unfinished or going no where or hard to get to the next leven witout stepping on an edge or it moveing around. ITs weird. Same dreams all the time. WE have been praying for a baby for along time. Todd had his13 year old vasectomy reversed three yeras and half ago. We have been told by people who prophesy (several and not part of the same groups) that we will concieve we will have a baby. Some even say a boy. ) but anyway I get so depressed adn sad that each month comes and goes. I guess that is what myd reams are about I feel unfinhsed. I never shoudl have had that vas done. WE hate that we did it. We were too young no dr should ever allow a person under 35 to have one done. We had four kids yes stair steps but love has no bounds. I m feeling dejected and not apart of things lately. like iM excluded in many differnt areas not in my family so much that is a comfort and solice. But in other ways. in groups and functions. friendships. J land is a release and a comfort for sure. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOD...don't mean to shout there. I forget sometimes that this is the internet. I have never seen any of the beheadings. This was a hard read tonight. It makes my angry that some good people are kidnapped and whisked away by a bunch of creeps that video tape the beheading and talk of how they are doing the work of god...and end the life of a poor man that has done nothing. Nothing but try to be a father to his son or daughter or a good husband to his wife...just a human being with people that love him. OHHH I am so angry.
    http://journals.aol.com/barbaramck/ATicketToRide/entries/922

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a terrible time we are living in now.  Sadly, these beheadings will continue until Armageddon, and many people will be beheaded for the their faith in Jesus Christ.  I hope to be apart of the people that are changed into the twinkling of an eye into glorious bodies that never die; but if I have to die, I would want it to be for my faith in Jesus Christ.

    That is an amazing dream/vision you had.  You are right about the Lord preparing us for things before they come to pass.  I have been dreaming of my grandfather dying for many months now (while he has been healthy), but just recently he was diagnosed with cancer and is expected to die any day now.  It came as a shocker to everyone but me because I had been dreaming about it for so long.  The dreams were also comforting as well because they showed my grandfather in his glorified body with other loved ones that have passed away.  My grandfather was talking to his wife today and told her that he saw his dad (long dead-I never knew him) telling him to look up.  Since then he has been in perfect peace; but I still pray for a miracle healing but the Lord's will be done.

    Just like my dreams have comforted me knowing my grandfather will go to Heaven, your dream about dying with no pain and reuniting with Jesus and your loved ones will be a great comfort to you.

    It's really amazing how the Holy Spirit prepares us for what is to come, which is eternity with Jesus Christ!  Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW ! Very amazing ! I have spiritual dreams that leave me in awe at times too.... I agree with you on this issue - something needs to be done ! Its sickening, frightening, unreal  even......  Youve got a great journal.......God Bless you !

    ReplyDelete