Thursday, September 16, 2004

I LOVE A RAINY NIGHT... NOT!

I just learned how HARD it is to take pics or a good pic of Lightning!  Very frustrating..

 

Last night as I was pecking away at the puter trying to do an updated entry here, just after the B2B chat night (wicked fun) my power went out! We had this very big storm! Lighting and thunder like you wouldn't believe.  I unplugged my puter cuz I always do that when we have storms.  THAT WOULD SUCK if my computer got zapped!  I gazed out my window and saw the lightshow God was putting on and had to grab my camera.  I really do get the meaning to that saying "Quick As Lighting" because even a fraction of a second and it is gone and almost impossible to capture.  I missed out on several really pretty ones that lit up the sky line.  It got to the point where I was just clicking away at random in hope of capture one before the show would fizzel out.  Out of all the pics I took only two really showed up.  I love my dig camera, but the one thing that makes me mad, and I am sure there is a way to change it, just havnt figured it out yet, after you take a pic you can't take another one again right away, there is a preview of the pic you just took and it stays for like 30 seconds.

As I was trying to be miss artsy-fratsy my 3rd woke up from all the thunder and she came stumbling into the kitchen where I had the window up and snaping away.  "MOM the storm is scarry.. and LOUD!"  "Aww sweety.. LOOK" and I put her on my lap and pointed at the sky, " It isn't scarry, it is like fireworks from God.  Very pretty!  Remember the 4th of July? How loud the fireworks was from that?  Same thing here and Mommy is trying to take its picture"  No that didn't sooth her one bit lol.  This was a long one and the lights kept going on and out.  I had to give up on taking pics and sit on the couch and cuddle with my baby who tries so hard NOT to be my baby anymore.  She was almost quivering and held me tight with each BOOM.  Yes, I take credit for her being freaked out with storms, for I am something like that too.  We fell alseep in eachothers arms, Mother and Child comfortering each other threw the storm.  I woke up around 1:30 a.m. and layed her back in her bed.  This woke Josh up and he thought I was just going to bed, but I told him NO, we just had a big storm and I fell asleep with Sophia on the couch.  We went back to sleep and I was awaken again by another Nightmare.  I am sure if I had wrote it down right after I woke up I would of remembered the details, but right now it is nothing but the normal dream fog I get when I try to remember.  I don't normaly remember my dreams vividly, only on those few occasions, and those are the times when I think God is really trying to show me something.  I have had some doozies.

 

The entry I was trying to write doesn't seem to be coming together, something always happens to disrupt me writting it or posting it! gurrr I wanted to wish Lori a Merry Rosh Hashanah and talk about the intresting chat her and I had.  I also wanted to tell the story of our bathroom sink and what an ordeal that was and how Josh replaced it himself, but I think he just wanted to have an exsuce to buy more tools.  I also wanted to write about what HE DID!  He went over to our landlord's office and asked if they had any other houses that are a bit bigger but not too much more then what we are paying now avalible!  He told them we was thinking of the possiblitly of his Mother moving in with us but made it clear it was not a done deal, we was just thinking on it and didn't want to move just yet!  He came home and told me that and I wanted to KILL him!  I yelled DON'T YOU THINK WE SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT THIS FIRST?! AND I KNOW THE REAL REASON YOU WANT HER TO MOVE IN, AND IF YOU THINK IT IS GOING TO BE ALL ROSES, YOU BETTER THINK ON THAT SOME MORE!  My main concern is Ruth and I are really starting to love and respect each other.  Ofcourse she only sees the good side of us and that is why she is proud of us as she is.  I don't want to loose that after taking so long to gain it.  That is my fear.  *sigh* but does he understand this???? NO.  He thinks this will improve everything that is wrong about me, my cleaning habits, my cooking, my general care of everything!  He didn't say it out loud, cuz I told him NOT TOO.. I think we are heading for a melt down folks!

1 comment:

  1. yes I have not yet caught a good streak of lightening. I m still not getting alerts. Your poor baby. MIne use ot be sacred of the storms too. Now their too big but Tracy is still fearful. yeah I think men dont realize you cant have two cooks in the kitchen. It may make things worse. I sure hope it doesnt. It may turn out better than you think. I pray for the best. MEN just dont know the dynamics of how women work. Though I am sure you would like a bigger house!!!!!! and the money help. Is it worth take the chance of hurting not only the mother daughter in law relationship but the marriage????? Hey we are having our storms now. 32 mph wind gusts with 20 mph winds. I have to for the first time pull our camper to lex in the wind and rains. WEll I gotta leave. Loveyou girl.

    ReplyDelete