Wednesday, September 29, 2004

(To Quote Barb.) Showed Up For Life and that is all I am required to do.

I loved it when I read in her journal "I showed up for life".. that is so classic!  She should copy right it and put it on T~Shirts!  Don't You Agree??? lol

Writing those entries about my Sister didn't leave me much room or time to put in all the fun, draining, normal stuff I like to rant about.  So this is like a catch up entry.

Let's start with last Saturday shall we.. All last week I knew it was my turn to clean church.. I would be all set to go up there and do it and then the steam in my energy would run out or something would come up.  My whole life revolves around Josh and the one working van we have right now.  I do not complain when he has to work weekends, that is mucho dinaro for us $$$ when he does, but it always does throw a wrench into my plans. ONE DAY we will actually have two running cars that are street legal aww freedom..  So needless to say... I did not clean church : ( 

When we had the women's group I had been told my cell group was going to have homegroup the next sat, so I was waiting to hear the when and the whereas from our Cell Group Leader umm.. CellGroup sounds soo I DON'T KNOW.. But it is just home bible study and fellowship, no terrorist activity, I swear.  We was also invited Friday to a couple's get together and swim if we could get baby-sitters.  So Thursday I make the calls to get all the particulars, because I may just actually have a sitter for the kids.. Then come to find out, since I wasn't at church last Wed and didn't get the info.. it was canceled due to a funeral.  I felt soooo bad that I didn't know!  Since these friends who was going to the funeral was also in our home group I asked if it was going to be canceled, they didn't know, they assumed it wouldn't be. 

I had a dream that night that it was going to be held at my house and that one of the women who attends just walks in my house, unaware that I was hosting, the house was trashed!  That is a nightmare for me!  Sat morning at 10:30 I get a call from our Homegroup Leader and he asks if we wouldn't mind having it at our house! I knew it! Sure no problem.  So all of sat I was marathon cleaning.  My house has not been dusted in forever.. The cobwebs was scary!  I have all wood floor and this is kinda an old house so it is a dust magnet anyway.. when did I stop caring??  It seemed like every dish in my house was dirty,  my kitchen floorneeded to be moped and I am so bad with papers.. they just sit and sit at my desk and then spill over to the counters and the table.  So on top of cleaning I had to de-clutter as well.  The kids was not much of a help either lol although they wanted to be.  You know how that goes.. get out of my way so I can do it, you are making a bigger mess.. aww but they are so cute when they try.

Homegroup was nice, small group and not real topic of study but it was good fellowship.  Josh made it home like 20 min before it started.  He also had to go back out to work at 8:30.  I was told not to cook or do anything fancy like the last time we hosted (we bbqed) and everyone brought their own side dishes and such as tradition.  What is fellowship without food right?

OK I would never ever tell anyone about this.. it is one of my biggest fears and secrets.  We have bugs.. no not just bugs but roaches!  We inherited them when we moved in and have had the exterminator out twice now.  We do the traps and the spray and I make the effort to keep food put away but these suckers are persistent.  It is one of my worst embarrassments.  If I had known I was going to host I would have had the exterminators out earlier.. We had planned on calling them in next week when we had the money (but if you ask me the Landlord should be paying for it). I thought well maybe they will keep to themselves since there was more activity then normal.. crossing my fingers. But dang! When we was eating we ate standing at our counter so the kids could have the table.. no one wanted to eat in the living room for some reason ... one reared its ugly head briefly but scurried away.. NO ONE saw it but me and one other person.. we both pretended we didn't see anything. One of the most embarrassing  moments of my life.. one of them.  That ranks up there with peeing in my ML's Bed!

OK that was just Saturday!  I have many side stories this week.. Like about how Zane's B-day is coming up and how Josh went to look at mattresses with him to see what kind Zane would want but they ended up at the music store.. Josh was freaked out by the teenagers there, the GOTH teens lol I reminded Josh how he used to dress when he was a teen and he replied "I NEVER WORE A SKIRT OR EYE LINER!" LMBO! That is just their way of rebelling dear no big deal.. you are getting old if you don't remember how some of our friends was. Zane wants tolearn guitar and that is what we are planning for his B-day and all that entails.  Lesions at this store is $60 a month for one week, 1/2 hour sessions.  We haven't even gotten the guitar yet! Oh and Josh is also on this kick about looking at guns.. somehow it came up that Zane wants to learn how to shoot (for hunting mind you) so we have been going back and forth if this is something we want to do for Christmas and all that.  That shall be a much more detailed entry later I am sure.

I was so proud of myself yesterday! The night before I made a list of things I wanted to do to make me feel productive.

1. make kids lunches

2. start a load of laundry (all the sheets)

3. clean kitchen

4. Read e-mail for only 15 min.

5. Switch Laundry and put in work whites

6. Clean my bedroom

7. Fold the Dry Laundry

8. Clean Living Room

9. Do Bills.

I got all done on my list but two things!  I still have to fold laundry and do the bills.  But I deep cleaned the kitchen and the living room and I threw in the bath room since I was moping!  My bedroom has been an on going cleaning project and is about near finished.  I just have to clean off my dresser and dust!  Josh said he may even pain the bedroom now that it is clean!  I was so happy when Josh got home I was having an adrenaline rush or something lol.  He knew I was working on the house but didn't comment so I commented for him "Yes honey the house looks great.. It feels so good to come home to a shinny home, it is like a weight lifted off me walking in the door to my castle" LOL UGH but today is another day and for some reason the house didn't stay clean! Imagine that!  So I have to do it all over again today and the day is about over lol. 

 Well, I showed up for life today.. and that is all that is required right?!

2 comments:

  1. OH man!!!!!!!!!!! CEll groups it does sound well anti something LOL OH I know I should not complain but I hate cleaing our building too. UGH!!!!!!!!!  I dont balme you. I was fussing earlier cuase Todd has to work late today adn Sukkot starts tonight. UGH and Tracys car tore up. I shoudl not complain I mean Tracys car tore up in drive way. It could have been worse. NOW about htose roaches. OH MY GOSH I Had them once and we like to never got rid of them. thats why I hate renting. YOu inehrit thier buggers from the ones before. Wehn we moved in this house we srpayed every box and drawer and everything. OH Man its was awful. WELL anyway............ We had the guy come once a month for a year cuase I was terrfied. I cant stand thehtought. YOu poor thing. I feel so sorry for you. Lori OH and yes I agree abut the t shirts. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate roaches, they make me scream! I bought a box of books at a yardsale, took them in and while I was looking thru them 3 HUGE roaches , the kind that fly, ran out.My 2 1/2 yr. old son helped me chase them down.I hit one with a broom and it did not die! We used a can of ant killer on one and it took forever to die!I was screaming the whole time! They are so hard to get rid of !
    Cell group sounds like something from prision!
    LMBO at  josh! I want to learn the guitar too.I finaly got one, cheap, and will probaly just get lessons on the computer if I can....Just to make sure I am really going to learn it and not get bored. pawn shops are good places to look for guitars.
    I have to make myself clean lately, I feel mad at the world and  so tired of things being half finished at my house.Just little things, you know the kitchen, bathroom, back porch!LOL! I have got to learn how to use the saw!

    ReplyDelete