Thursday, September 9, 2004

Up and coming events and Easy Money!

Re-reading my last entry and I hate how it translates from the Word program to aol's journal program.  That is soooo anoying.  Also reading it I see how much of a wack job I am or was lol  Thank The LORD he is in my life.. oh how much trouble I would be in if he wasn't.  He has really been showing me a lot about myself lately, ouch, and even though I knew that stuff, seeing it on paper makes it real and I have to face it and start to give it over to him to heal.  I had thought I had given it all over to him and that I was this whole person. I had given over to him my drug abuse, my adolesant follies, my abortion, and other deep wounds I had infliced or had put on me but I see how some of my childhood still creeps in on me and I know I should face it and deal with it. 

 I will have to do that later lol because today is just going to be too busy for me to sit and pounder over those things and set it to paper. I have alot of stuff around the house and other chores to do to prepare.  We have another long weekend ahead of us.  We are going out of town Friday evening over to ILL. where Josh's mom lives.  It is time for the anuall family reunion on that side of the family.  A very sweet tradition this family has, wish mine did that.  It will be very hard this year because of Josh's grandmother's passing.  It will be the first year with out her there and her absence will be felt vividly!  I know Josh's mom Ruth has been missing  her very much and is wondering why she is even staying in the small town she moved to only a year ago.  We are going to be brining the STL news paper to her with the job adds.  Ruth has been thinking of moving over to this side of the river and being closer to us and thinking that will help with her depression if she can see her family more often. (((((RUTH))))  I love Josh's mom. It has not always been that way but we have grown alot closer over the 10 years of sharring her son.  I no longer think she is this big Bitch who was too stricked with her children (because now I understand) and she doesnt think I am this corupt girl who stole her boy away and trapped him with a family he was not ready for. She is now always telling us how proud she is of us and how well we are doing in raising her grandchildren. I now see how BLESSED I am by Josh's family.  Click the link for the two part entry I wrote after Granny's funeral to see that post.  Monday after all the family stuff is done with, I have a dentist apointment with the guy Ruth goes to church with.  Yuck, but I think he will be how the Lord is going to help me with that issue.  So I have to go to my dentist here and get my x-rays again to take with me.

I do have to tell you about the easy money I made yesterday lol $40!  I particapted in a focus group downtown about music for a local radio station.  Ya isn't that funny!!! Me who knows about nothing about music and they paid for my opinion on what should or shouldn't be playing on thier station.  I do think it is irronic that before I was called and asked to do this I started listioning to this paticular station, trying to break away from that country station funk I was in.  So YES I did reconize the bulk of the music I had to listion to but I will say about 30% of it I had to circle on the sheet Unfamilar with.  Most of it was stuff I knew from 5-10 yrs ago and songs that brought me way back.  But thanks to J~Land I knew about Maroon 5 and 3Doors Down had downloaded them last week, so I did know those songs and loved it when it was played. I had to bite my tounge so I would not sing out loud along with some of the stuff. See how we enrich eachother's lives??? LOL 

It WAS a big hassle for me to find the Hotel it was held at down town.  I NEVER drive DownTown, especial by myself.  Ofcourse I got lost but I found the place eventaly and was even a bit early.  Man, I live way out there.  Even going with the 70 mph flow of trafic on the hwy it took me over an hour to get DownTown.  And the streets down there are so messed up, alot of ONE WAYs and DEAD ENDS but I loved the time to myself and I loved looking at the old buildings down there.  I so wished I had my camera with me and so I could of been all touristy.  One day I want to just go down there by myself and walk the streets and take pictures.  Don't see that happening anytime soon but it is on the growing list I have of things I want to do.

2 comments:

  1. WE have a family reunion every year. Its really neat to see new babies but also so sad becuase we see those who have passed on Ours is this month. Todds family has one also but its during the summer. yeah we change and grow and gorw and change. ALL part of living but I Think you are doing fine. glad you can get along with your mother in law. Its only been the past three years  we ahve been able to speak to Todds mom. I think it may be nice for his your hubbys to live near you. Well glad you made some fast easy money. HEY country music is not so funk. I go thru country rap pop and classical and al kinds of music. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so not a wack job! You are a wonderful young girl with aheart as big as Texas.

    ReplyDelete