Monday, November 15, 2004

chapter 9 part2

Remember how I scoffed at the last e-mail from Chris and him talking about some wall of week 2? UGH Well he was right and I did hit it but I tried and tried to climb it but some one was always hold me down like a weight around my anckles.. they shall remain nameless.  I wish I had supporters cheering me on at the finish line like this update reminds us to think of.  My satisfaction will come from doing it and going HA showed you sucker! LOL   My story just keeps going and going, like I can not get it out and speed up to where I want and need to be.  I did not plan for the whole book to revolve around ONE NIGHT but that is all that has been written on thus far.  I was really into the story and feeding the naugty, flesh, but I am so ready to move on and get to the Glory parts, so I don't feel so ugly myself but all in time.  What was I thinking when I started this endevor? lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hannah starts to rush now back to her car and quickly opens her passenger car door.  She gets in and sits down quickly and puts the bag on the floor. She looks over to Phil still on the phone and lets out a frustrated gasp.

 

She reaches over and takes the phone out of his hands and flips it down holding it away from him.  Phil looks over at her stunned. “HEY! Give it back”.

 

“Nope.  Enough of that phone tonight.  If we are goingto hang out I want your full attention.  NO more interruptions.” She tells him as she puts the phone in her pocket.

 

Phil gives her a playful look and says “You know I will go in there for it, don’t you?  So unless you want my hands down your pants you better hand it over”

 

Hannah heart flutters with the mental image of Phil’s hands down her jeans. “Really?! Well, maybe you won’t get that something pink and juicy I have for you then.” She said referring to the conversation they had before she ran into the gas station.

 

Phil raises his eye brow just a bit and gives her a determined look. “We can talk about that in a moment but for real give me my phone back.  I will turn it off if you are that concerned about it.”

 

Hannah rolls her eyes and gives a sigh, “I was just playing but yea that would be nice if you turned it off.  It is a pet peeve of mine.” She said as she handed him his phone.

 

“Thank you.” He said as he turned it off and shoved it in his pants pocket.

 

“We better get going and check on Stan.  The clerk said something about a hippie in a viper stopping in just before us” Hannah told him.

 

Phil gives Hannah a double take and gasps “Noo he didn’t! Oh man. Not cool.” Phil turns on the car and backs out of the parking spot and into the trafficless road and speeds up to get over to Stan’s.  Hanna was holding on to the arm of her seat as Phil sped out and raced down the deserted road.

 

“Watch your speed.  There is one of those speed traps up ahead and it is getting close to the end of the month.  You know how that’s when cops go ticket crazy.” Hannah said with a warning but Phil paid no attention.  He was pissed at Stan for not going right home and wants to make sure he actual made it to his house.

 

Hannah gazed out her window into the night and kept an eye out for police cars. She hoped none was out because Phil did not take her advice about slowing down. No matter how much she tries to deny it, she has paranoia big time from the little bit of smoke she had done.  She fears that if a cop would pull them over they will just know she has been upto no good tonight and will cart her off to jail and that would be a disaster. She plays out the whole scenario in her head thinking “what would I do? Who would I call? My parents would kill me twice.”

 

Hannah is relieved as Phil slows down and parks in front of a small house with an attached garage and a modest front yard littered with fallen leaves. Phil also feels relief off his mind seeing his rented red viper parked in the driveway.

 

“This is the place.” Phil says as he takes the keys out of the ignition.

 

“Why are you not staying here? Didn’t I hear him say you had a room at a hotel?” Hannah asked.

 

Phil snorts a laugh and answers, “Oh you will see why.  Stan is a slob, especially since Aunt Callie isn’t here anymore to pick up after his butt.” Phil then looks down and has an upset expression. It does hurt to realize over and over that his aunt who was more like a mother to him is dead and he will never see her again.

 

Hannah notes the expression on Phi and sees the pain in his beautiful eyes. She hesitates but decides to go ahead and sensitively asks, “Where is she? Callie?” They have talked about her here and there tonight but never did come out and say if she had left Stan or what the story was.  Her curiosity was killing her.

 

Phil gives a long painful sigh. He answers as he his looking down at the dash board of the little car, “Who knows? Where ever people go after they die.”

 

Hannah feels sad for him and for Stan as she connects now the sad look Stan would get when ever he mentioned her name. “Oh. I am sorry. I did not know.”

 

Phil looks at her with sad eyes but no tears and explains, “Yes, it will be a year in November.  Cancer.”

 

Hannah puts her hand on his as a sign of understanding and says, “I am sorry. It must still be real raw. My grandfather died of lung cancer so I know how that sucks.”

 

Phil looks down at her hands touching his and shakes his head, “ No, you don’t.  She was like my mother.  You are lucky to still have yours. And Uncle Stan is so tore up over it all still.  I am amazed he got up the energy to finally open the coffee house. But that’s good. It will help him I think. But dang! He has made it like a shrine to her and the time they had together, all the stuff fromthe sixties, their happiest times together.”

 

“It’s good you are here with him then.” Hannah said softly and holding back from hugging him. 

 

There is thick silence in the car. Hannah squeezes Phil’s hand lovingly as he looks up to the house with no porch light on.  Hannah tries to think of something to say that will sooth him and maybe break the mood but her mind is a blank. She has never been good with helping people deal with loss.  It was not her gifting but it was something her own mother was wonderful with.  Hannah’s mother, Ella, is always the go to person at church when ever there is a death and some one needs condolence. She always knows just the right thing to say to make people feel better and help with their grief. She always make sure to give extra attention to the family even after months had passed of a loved one moving on, when others would forget and not be as sensitive. Hannah wishes she could call her mother and ask for advice now but knows she can’t. She had lied about where and who she was with and it would take a lot of explaining for her to give her mom the full idea of the situation.

 

Finally Phil squeezed Hannah’s hand back and looked over at her, “Let’s get going.  I promised you a fun time tonight so let’s get to it.”

1 comment:

  1. wow you are getting along great girl. Keep it up. Lori

    ReplyDelete