Friday, November 19, 2004

New songs, My List, Other tid bits

Today's song is by Randy Travis.  Yess I know "Country?" LOL If you would have told me six years ago I would be into any country music, I would have laughed you out of my house.  I used to despise it, loth it, throw up at the thought of it. LOL Whyyyyy??? I don't know, probably goes back to my days spent in the back woods of Wis. and I was trying so hard to keep my big city girl attitude while surrounded by a bunch of yokels. LOL But over the years I have soften.  I love Randy Travis's Gospel music and I was so excited the one time I got to go and see him live for free at one of the local bigger churches.  Looking threw the Christmas adds One Way Book Stores sent out I see he has a new one out: Passing Through, and a voice for a new kids cartoon series called, On The Farm with Farmer Bob.  So you know that is on my list lol.

Speaking of Christmas ... why do I even bother keeping or starting a list for myself?  I don't ever have a formal list but all threw the year when I see something I want but know I cannot get right then and there I say to myself, Christmas is coming, it is on the list. lol My form of impulse control. Yet I know I will be blessed to get even one thing that I want.  I have come to really dislike the whole commercialization of The birth of Jesus, especially since there is so much I would like to do for my kids and don't have the money to do it.  But my kids are pretty good about the whole thing, they know it is not about the toys or the gifts and yes they have a list but they will not be devastated if they don't get each and everything on it.  Josh and I have resigned ourselves to getting them just one thing, all the rest will have to come from other family.  But Just for fun here is my list lol

1. Music: Casting Crowns. Randy Travis. Audio Adrenaline. NewsBoys. Toby Keith.

2. Movies: Jem on DVD season 1,2 and 3!!  The Passion of the Christ.

3. Computer stuff: DVD drive and writer.  More memory (since it is always saying my temporary memory is low) Since I am just dreaming ... LAP TOP with wireless connection to the net. A year of AOL paid for. PC Study Bible version 4. Photo Shop Pro and detailed instructions on how to make my own blinkies.

4. books: Stephen King non fiction: On Writing

5. Cloths that fit right and new shoes but especially a new bra.

6. awww a trip to the spa!

7. Wine: Augusta's Port Wine... (I will take that as a B-day gift too lol)

8. New sheets and bed spread for my room and the paint to match for my walls.

9. Candles and holders.

10. A weekend get away with Just ME AND JOSH, no kids!

11. My teeth paid for and the bill it is going to take to get it all done.

There you have it MOM! lol she is always asking me for a list.  I still have to make the kids write one out.  Speaking of my mother.  She is coming down this weekend for an early Thanksgiving Dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am sooooo happy about it! I miss her so much. But she said I have to take the delivery of her treadmill for her to come lol she can't use it anymore and she wants to get rid of it. It is on wheels and folds up for space saving.  Josh doesn't want it lol.  I can only think of one spot upstairs for it, the living room. If I put it down in the basement I will never use it and it is too big for my small bedroom.

More odds and ends:

Josh had a rain day yesterday.  You know what that meant lol. And he is less than happy with the new company he is working for.  Because the boss man doesn't seem to like his work or the speed he does projects. He made the comment to Josh yesterday when he told him they still had a day left on a certain project, If he was any slower he would have to fire him. I know that tears at Josh and it is not true.  Thankfully Josh did work today, maybe he will have a better one today.

I have not done any writing on my book for almost 2 days! Awwwk!  I am at a part where I think she is going to see more demons but also the love thing is blossoming between her and Phil. I am getting nervous if I will be able to get in everything that needs to be in there. It is not like I couldn't have written some these last two days, but I think I got a bit burned out and had to take a break.

Wednesday the kids got assigned their parts for the Christmas Pageant we are having with the other church.  AnnMarie is going to be Mary, she is so excited.  I told her she had to speak up if she wanted it, several girls wanted that part you know. lol And Zane is going to be a Bailiff for the court room drama part. It is really two plays connected into one.  The first one is with the little kids and the tots, the story of the crippled little lamb and the second one is about the shepherds, a funny skit.  The shepherds get arrested because of their excitement, so they have to go to court the next day and explain themselves.  I will try and be as active in helping get this production underway as the ladies who are running the show will let me.

Did I tell you all that my son is going to be in the school's spelling Bee???!! He is going to be representing his class.  He came in first place for his class! MAN! You should see this list he brought home.  I think he can do the easily and intermittent ones good, but the advanced I think He needs to work on. I will be making sure he puts some time aside to study for it and look up the bigger words in the many catigories they have.  If he wins the school he goes on to the City one and then to state lol He obviously dosn't get that from me.. I am the worst when it comes to spelling.

 So he has that on his plate on top of learning guitar, his clubs and now the church play.  Tracy came over last night for a lesion, I made her have dinner with us.  It was so nice.  I told her we could make that a weekly thing if she would like.  Also Monday if no one but her and I are going to be at church for the prayer meeting we can have dinner at my house again and pray at my house.  Some time I will have to go into more detail about his sweet lady.

And last but not least.. I have to make time today and write the open spot for the J~Land novel.  I am excited about it and begged for the open spot. I have it in my head, promise Lori. LOL

OH ya I forgot to say.. ugh Lice had reared it's ugly head again. Lilly some and I did her hair Tue.  I checked the rest of the kids and they was clean, Annie even went down to the nurse to get checked.  The nurse called me and said she was clean but had what they call alot of head debri.. from dry scalp.  She offered some suggestions on what to get for her. I got her some dandruf shampoo and Scalpicin drops for the really bad areas.  I washed and washed linens.  I have been on guard since the last break out.  Then last night I was going threw Annie's hair after her shower and found one or two. gurrrr.  I made Josh do my hair because I have the itch of paranoia.  So he spent two hours on my hair and swears he found nothing... I wonder if he knows what he is looking for lol.. I showed him what they looked like.  Well I have prayed protection over each of my children's head for the rest of the year and for our home.  I am thinking of talking my mom into doing my hair this weekend. So who knows by Monday I will have that pic of my shorter hair for you all and maybe a new color.  I need to invest in those oils Lori told me about to make a shampoo that keeps the bugs away.

4 comments:

  1. hahha I'd help with the weekend away if I was closer! Anyway, imgonna go back and talk to ya now. later

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was Randy Travis, but didnt' realize he sang gospel music.   I don't like country much, but this song is nice.  Nice list Mary!  Hope Santa aka MOM is good to you, LOL ;-)  Congrats to your son for making the spelling bee team, you must be so proud!  Have a great weekend Mary, hope you get rid of those pesky lice for good too!  Do a google search, I'm sure there's some natural concoction you can make posted somewhere....
    ~JerseyGirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Randy has a great song voice and l love it. His song forever and ever amen was Todds and mine wedding song. I marched down the isle to it. Its our theme song. OH my you got alot going in that list. I sure hope you get your teeth paid for. I know I wanted that for years. NOW I wish I had done it sooner. IT affects your heart and whole health. The heart damage can not be redone but I m glad Im done. Todds check was low this week half of last week. slow week and now turkey day next week O h man it will be slow. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy Travis has some good music out there. Nice Christmas list you have there. Wonder how good Santa will think you've been. LOL Have a wonderful weekend.
    *Barb*

    ReplyDelete