Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Music is Life, Book writting, and I WILL BUY YOU A BIKE BABY

I have figured out that music takes up boco FPT space! lol I have tried to get a specific song but apparently it is too big for any of my screen names lol. So I had to try a differnt song. I love this current one. DRAW ME CLOSE TO YOU. It is one we sing often at church, this version is done a bit slower than how we sing it but still very moving.

Why do I embed the songs when I know there is a way to just make a link to click?? Lazy plus I think this way is cool too. Music plays a big part in my walk with the Lord. I know that it played a big, big part in my coming to him and my heart being stirred. I guess I honestly think there are some who will not listen if there is just the link to it, so I have to sneak it in on them. LOL I have longed for this whole last year to be able to share the songs that speak to my soul with my friends here, the songs that bring me to tears during worship.  My church's website has our worship music posted on it but they have not updated it in a very long time, plus they are not professional but they are good.

Think of it this way, if you was at my house or driving in my car with me, this is what would likely be playing on my radio. I for sure think music feeds your soul and what you listen to will effluence your moods and thoughts. Junk in, Junk out, or Praise in, Praise out.  So there, you have been warned!

And like my disclaimer says, you can always link to an entry if you don't want to hear the song anymore. But at least hear it once before you do that, please, for me lol.

Speaking of music, I hope everyone enjoyed "Whiter Shade of Pale" in that last entry, not only did it match to what Stan was listening to when they entered the house, it is also one of my dad's records that I have and used to listen to over and over.  LOL My whole book is going to have a soundtrack I think.

I so much enjoy your guys feed back on the excerpts I publish in here. Lord knows I am not getting any from home.  I was a bit concerned about the last one, if it was descriptive enough. If you could actually picture the interior of the house and its condition, get a feel for the lay out.  I can write emotion easy but when it comes to describing technical things I feel like I lack.  I am half tempted to put all of it up here, just to hear what ppl will say about it, but no I want to tease and hopefully if ever I sell it, my loyal friends here will buy it LOL AS IF.

Iwas thinking about it last night before we went to bed and laughed.  Josh asked "What?" I told him "oh nothing I am just silly". :About what" he asked.  I said "I was thinking about what I would actually buy with the money I would make if I ever did get the thing sold and published". I kinda had that grin that said it was something for him and he asked what, "a truck".  NOOOOO I said.  "The bike he has been dreaming and drooling over, the one where I would ride on the back with him". He said "ya right". 

I think either I gave my husband the wrong impression about NaNoWriMo or I just didn't describe it good.  He asked if the winners get published, if it was a contest. I said "well, no we have to do that work in trying to get it published, and yes it is a contest.  A contest with our selves, to see if we can really write a novel in 30 days".  Oh he thinks this is a waste of time and that I am just looking for ways to skirt responsibilities around here. HA I don't have to look, the opportunities just lay themselves out there easy.  Would I have actually written a book or attempted to if I had not found out about that site? No probably not, but writing has always been something I love and get excited about.  I wish he could understand, that I don't do these things to piss him off.  I have been trying more!  I made up a resume and am going to start hitting the pavement for a job, I have been better about the house work and the laundry, baby steps but at least the dishes are getting done everyday now and laundry is getting folded, and dinner is on by 5 or so.  I will not be as into the book writing after November, if I can just put up with his complaining a bit longer, I am half way there.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I dont know how in this month you are doing a book. Its beyond me. but you are doing it and getting it done. Myhubby wants a moter cycle. OH YEAH> but not he aint getting one. Yes drawme close is a very peaceful song. . The girls cant pull it up on moms pc or you web though becuse she is on land line and it locks up her pc. They were gonna let mom listen cause she likes peaceful songs. Yeah so I guess she ll have to stop over here. I think MOm would like it. Maybe. shes funny though. Man everytime i use her pc I am glad for my dsl. her pc has twice as much ram and stuff as mine but on that phone line she cant pull up pweb pages and music. She has to pull up a web page then once its up she can load music. its a male computer. One track mind you know. LOL  I m glad your getting your book done though I ll be glad to have you back online nad im kindof tired of sharing you  LOL  Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think thats wonderful that you are enjoying the writing contest. I had no idea that some people were in on it and read their entries today...I wished I had the want or time to put towards that. Next time definitely. People are having a lot of fun with this. :)
    As far as your husband's mood...probably didn't understand why it was such a big deal...sometimes they seem to think our loving to do something is a "hobby" and their thing they love to do is not. I always point out my writing is whatever their favorite thing to do with their time is. Usually they stop and think...and the simple concept blooms. With my experiences with most guys anyways that I have known it goes that way. LOL

    ReplyDelete