Monday, November 22, 2004

This is what I LIVE for!!!

It has been well over a year since I put up my testimony web page and even longer since I started the prayer group (almost 2yrs)that I host.  God has blessed me so much for being obediant in those things and my reward is when I get e-mails like the following and am able to share the plan of salvation with others.  I thought I would share it with you all so you could pray for this women and also so you too can see where my Joy comes from.  I have taken off her name so it could still be private but God knows her name and he has his hand on her and is calling her to him!

I read all about your life and the ups and downs and how you found Jesus,I loved reading all about it. I am 44 and the last 3 years has been a nightmare for me. My son is on crystal meth,I have gotten really bad health wise and so depressed. I feel like life is over for me. I dont go see doctors because i do not like taking pills,i have such bad side effects. I dont know how or where to read the Bible or how to be saved. Can you tell me how to be saved and how to read the bible or which bok I am suppose to start reading first. I know everyone os different and I guess i am looking for a miracle so my health will get better then I can see a better tomorrow. Thank you

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  You are so sweet and so loved.  Don't give up!!  No matter how bad it seems know that God does love you and has a plan for you!   Thank you for reading my testimony page and sharing with me that it touched you.  You don't know what Joy it is for me that you asked that important question, "how to be saved" and where to start reading in the Bible.  It really is a special thing you asked, and for me to be apart of it all, to be the one in your future testimony is really mind blowing to me.  I know if some one had not been sent into my life and if I had not listened and been stirred I would be so lost right now and so sad with out Jesus.  

 I can not tell you what to believe for yourself, only point you in his direction and let him do the work in you.  I can tell you I know the Bible is the Word of God and it is all truth and the standard I live to and all the promises in it I stand on.  The best place to start is in the New Testament, The Gospel of John. It is one of the shorter books in the bible and shows who Jesus is and why he came here to earth and what he did on the cross. I also recommend reading Mathew's account as well.  It has more detail and it is one of my favorite Gospels.  There are several Bible translations out there, I started with the NIV one because it seemed easier to read but in time I grew to love the poetry of the KJV and NKJV.  You can find several Bibles web pages to read and not even have to buy one but of course I recommend you have one so that you can study and read even when you are off line.

100TruthsAboutJesus is a webpage with a list of scriptures of who Jesus is and He said to be.   Before you read just simple pray and ask God to open your eyes and heart to him, so that you may come to know the truth and come to believe in him.  If you have read or heard and sincerely believe he is The Way, The Truth and The Life, that he is the one and true son of God and no one can come to the Father but threw the Son and that he came to earth and lived a perfect life and then willingly went to the cross to die for your sins and that on the third day he was raised from the dead and had victory and you acknowledge you are a sinner, that you have fallen short of God's glory and are sorry and want to change and acknowledge he is the only way that is possible, you are on your way.  

Tell him, I believe with all my heart, I want you in my life and to become the Lord of my life and to dwell in me with your Holy Spirit and ask for him to forgive you, HE WILL! And then you must out loud tell others of your choice and that you are now one of his and you are saved from your sins. That is the first step in your walk with him on an exciting path. But it is only you who can make that choice, no one can say it for you or decide it for you.  I promise you, once you do that you will feel a change in you, you will feel different and you will HAVE to tell others of it, you will not be able to contain your joy.  

Those are the first steps in becoming born again, loosing your old nature and taking on his and becoming like a babe again and lettinghim grow you up in him.  He is the one who will make that change in you, lift that depression and heal you of all your hurts, not just the physical but also the spiritual.   I also recommend you find a church or fellowship that teaches only from the Bible and hold to it to be the Word Of God, not teaching just on "traditions or other scorces"  It is  necessary to grow that you are taught sound doctrine and fed the Word.  When you are ready you will want to be water baptized, it is to show the world and all those you know who you are becoming in Christ Jesus, that your old nature is dead and you are born again into the kingdom of God.  

I firmly stand on the promises that you can and will be healed of what ever afflicts you. He said it in his Word. Find that promise and make it your own and hold it and believe it. But first don't just seek his blessings but seek out who he is.  The gift he gives of salvation is so awesome and wonderful but knowing who he is and that he loves you so much that he would come in flesh so that he could take on your sins so you would not spend an eternity separated from him is even more mind blowing and wonderful to understand.   I hope this helped.  If you have more questions don't hesitate in asking me or IM me.  I would love to pray with you if you would like.   

Much Love,
Mary




3 comments:

  1. You rock Mar! You just totally rock! ~Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome entry, just so precious to see how the Lord blesses others when we're living for HIM. Hugs. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has a plan for all of us no matter how we think we fail. he can take it and turn it around I m so glad your sticking to what you believe and feel you need to be doing. I think that is what the world needs. WE dont have to be perfct just love and try our best. Lori

    ReplyDelete