Friday, November 26, 2004

OUR FIRST SNOW! & THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS

The day before Thanksgiving we did get snow!  3-4 inches!!

I knew it was in the forcast but hardly expected more than a few flakes.  I have missed the Wisconsin Winters since living down here in MO.  Sure it snows, but hardly sticks for any amount of time and it has been forever since we could sled or have snow balls or make a snow man.  I had been having dreams of snow for two weeks and then disapointed each morning to wake up to 60 or so degree weather. LOL yes I am a nut and a big kid.

Wednesday when all that drama was going on and I was on the phone trying to figure out what to do with Little Amy and I was so upset and crying my eyes out, it started to snow with out me even relizing it.  Ohhh but my kids noticed and once there was ground covering they was jumping up and down wanting to get out in it.  So I dug out the winter coats and could only find two pairs of gloves (Lilly's & AnnMarie's) and got them all bundled up to go have a ball.  Zane and Sophia wore socks on thier hands (some thing my brother and sister and I used to have to do alot as kids).  They thought I was crazy.  It worked for awhile till they got soaking wet and we had to change them for a fresh pair. Ha! You didn't know socks was just for feet  now did you?!  Zane and Annie went to work, storing up snow balls on the front porch, laying in wait for Daddy to get home.  I warned them, they may want to reconsider that and just take all those snow balls and make a big snow man.  But NO! They wanted to attack Daddy and get him, get him good!

So meanwhile, as they was out playing in the snow, getting soaking wet I was on the phone with my friend Amy, complaining how unfair the situation was with little Amy, and how upset I was and how I would make my own dinner if I could, serve them right, you know.  What does she do!  She comes over with a Turkey and stuffing and a few other trimings for me to make a dinner!!! OMG.  She would hear nothing of it, she didnt want a thanks, that is what friends do. I tell Josh but he still, still!wants to go down to his parents.  So Big Amy said there is always room at her house and Amy could come over while we was down there.  That still is not right!  Josh doesn't see why I am so upset, he kinda understands but he wont do anything to stand up to his parents. I told him to pick up little Amy on his way home ( I didn't warn him about the snow balls waiting for him hehehehe)  The kids got Him sooooooooooooooooo good! But they all had fun and Josh didn't get them back as bad as I thought he would.  Josh told me they almost didn't let him out of the car because of them throwing so many snow balls. LOL.

Later that evening I asked Josh again to call his dad and maybe explain it better to him and how much that it meant to me and how stupid they are being.  He said he already did and they still said no.  I said fine, then I am not going either and I will go over to Amy's too.  NO room for her, no room for me either.  Do unto the least of these you have done unto me.  Josh was not happy with that and I knew he was going to be mad at me.  I was torn in two also.  After dinner Josh went into Zane's room to look at the fish and fell asleep. ~HUMF~

So after all the little kids went to bed me and Amy and Zane was up.  I found an old pic of me and my brother in front of a snow man we had made, it was huge.  So I was like let's go make one!  They thought I was crazy, it was almost 11:30 p.m.!   But after they actualy came out and started to make it with me, and adjusted to the cold, they was having fun.  They didn't know that you couldn't just roll it into a big ball, you also had to pack it as you went.  thus I had the biggest ball and it was the base.  But for first timers they didn't do too bad.  We was out of coal so I had to be creative with the face.  I took some ice cubs and put food coloring on them to make the eyes and the mouth, well a red tounge sticking out.  Zane and Amy put the hat and shaw and broom on him.  As you can see from the pics he is already starting to melt.  It is suposed to be up to 54 today.  Josh has named him Mr. Puddels. LOL

Thanksgiving morning I was still torn about where to go.  Josh asked me again to go with him.  I told him NO, I just couldn't sit down there and have fun and keep my mouth shut.  He said he didn't see what the big deal was all about and that I know how they are.  I said that is it, that is how they are and I am sick of it. And little Amy doesn't know Amy, never even met her, she is exstreamly shy. He told me well then he didn't WANT me to go if I was going to keep up my holier than thou adittude.  Fine and Fine.  So I spent my Thanksgiving with Amy and her family and Little Amy.  I had a good time too.  It was like being with my side of the family in Wis and how they are free and open with eachother and can be themselves.  They let thier kids run wild and not walk on egg shells around them and if I wanted to help in the kitchen they let me.  Amy's family thought it no big thing to have two extra ppl over, more the merrier. ohhhh and her mom's home made pumpkin pie... heaven!  It really did make me home sick.  The hardest part was watching the end of the parade and sesame street charters came on, made me think of my kids and I started to miss them.  I was right, Amy was very nervous and it took her awhile to warm up.  But her and McKalay, Amy's 8yrd, became like new best friends lol.

When Josh came to pick me up I was nervious that he was going to still be mad at me and all upset.  I was wondering what he told his family and if he stuck up for me or not.  Josh came in with my kids and we hung out with Amy's family for a short bit.  He seemed fine and very happy to see me. Amy's mom sent home one of her pies,mmmmm.

After we had gotten home and settled in when Josh and I was alone I asked him if he was still mad at me (I thought for sure I would be getting nothing but coal from him for Christmas) And he said No.  That I was right and he is the one who feels guilty, he is glad I did that, it was the right thing to do and he is the one who fell short.  WOW! Not what I had expected.  I did ask him what he told his parents, why I was not there.  He said the truth (but put nicely I think) that I went over to Amy's because little Amy didn't know her and was very shy, I was being supportive.

Sooo.. Alls well that ends well as they say.  Today Josh didn't have to work so we are making that turkey and have made list for the things to go with it.  We are waiting on the mail and hoping that his check is in it so we can go shopping.  There is about .99 cents in our checking account lol.

So I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving and remembered what it was all about. 

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink?

38  When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]?

39  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

2 comments:

  1. i am proud of you. and maybe this got a message across to josh's parents. lol but next time do like me............just show up with the extra people in tow. i mean EVERYONE knows EVERYONE has way too many leftovers anyways, and in my book the more the merrier. love you sis, and have missed you, sending blessings and love, jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I m so glad. GOOD For Josh. Thats really good. I know its hard for me to stand up sometimes and he did good. Lori

    ReplyDelete