Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A Sea of Orange at Lambo

The Packers and the Rams played lastnight and I am always torn in who to cheer for when my home teams face off.  A few months ago the radio stations was giving away the very hard to get ahold of tickets to this game up in Green Bay... guess who didn't win.

Oh well.. I really was not paying attention to the game, it was more of background noise as Josh let me work on my novel.  He promised me that today was my day to work on it (since the dead line is so close and he has read that I feel he is unsupportive)

Why is it when I am given a free pass my fingers and mind will not connect and I can not be productive??? gurrr.  So I noticed that the Pack was kicking Ram's butt, WTG Brett! HaHa Rams that is what you get for getting rid of my man Warnner.  Then I noticed the sea of orange that is normaly green and gold in Green Bay.  I asked Josh if he noticed and he just shrugs his shoulders.  I rashonialized it was because it is hunting season and the hunters took a break to see the game, plus the stadum is out side and it is very cold up there so that is why everyone is wearing thier toasty hunter apperal.  Logical right? Right.  But being the cheese head that I am, I still feel that something is up, there are not THAT many ppl into hunting up there (or is there?).  And yes I had heard and was very sadden by that murder of the five hunters in Northern Wis. last week.  I take notice of all the crazy stuff coming out of my birth state and all I can do is shake my head.

So me being the ultimet procasiater in the world sees that my mom is online and choose to make chit chat with her.  Ofcourse the game comes up and I tell her how I just can't decide who to root for and she yells at me in all caps.. THE PACKERS DUH! YOU MAY OF MOVED BUT IT WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR HOME TOWN, YOU HAVE TO CHEER FOR THEM AND ONLY THEM! She is kidding surely, we never was much into football but it is always fun when they are winning to go all out in the green and yellow and blend in with the other fans.

I then tell her how funny it is that there is so many ppl wearing orange, that alot of hunters must be in attendance. Then she gives me the "411" and said that fans was asked to wear hunter orange to show support and in memory of those hunters who got murdered up north.  I had no idea, and I would of never known unless she had told me.  No wonder.  I am so proud that there was all that orange now and yes the Pack is an awesome team with awesome fans.  Thought you all should know that. 

Ofcourse mom and I had a long chat about the whole thing and I got more info that the natonail news didn't put out.  The national news made it seem ratcial motivated and that the guy just went off on the hunters.. but I know better.  It is a well known fact that YOU DO NOT go on land that is not yours, hunters are very teritorial (well duh) So it is expected to get yelled at if you go onto some one's land univited, and a warning shot is nothing really.  But to come back and shoot up 5 ppl in the back because you are pissed, defently a big NO NO.  If you are that pissed off a gun is the last thing you should have in your hands, I don't care what ethinic group you are in.

I know this gives hunting a bad image and that is sad.  It is a big family tradion in many families, father and son bonding and men stuff you know.  Plus deer meat is very yummy and it helps thin out the over population of deer. It is a good thing. I know we are talking about learning how to hunt and even considering getting Zane a beginers riffle.  I think I have said in here before I think it is a good skill to know, just in case you cant go and buy or sell.

I am really sad for the families who are griving over lost ones because of some crazy who didn't have anger control. 

Anywho... I better get to bed so I can write tomorrow... MUST MAKE THE MIDNIGHT DEAD LINE! I have like 7,532 words to do in less than 24 hours.. plus I am not even half way to where I want the story to be!

4 comments:

  1. Football has no point..its dull...lol I vote for who ever you vote for. Write sweety...no writers block allowed..freakin' deadlines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get ti done. Sorry I cant comment more. But with Bonez this mroning I cant. His back is broke again and we are trying desperately to get ahold of the vet. He is in such pain!!!!!!!!!! Lori PRAY PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get ti done. Sorry I cant comment more. But with Bonez this mroning I cant. His back is broke again and we are trying desperately to get ahold of the vet. He is in such pain!!!!!!!!!! Lori PRAY PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hunters dying really made me feel bad.My nerves were so bad that morning after dh went hunting!I hope the last words will fly out of your fingers!Good luck!

    ReplyDelete