Saturday, November 27, 2004

Yikes! I am getting nut'n for Christmas for sure!

Can we just skip this time of year????  I mean, do I have to particpate at all?  Can I get away with just hidding in a hole? You think that would work?

My kids really do not put big stock in gifts, not that they will turn them down or anything.  Last year we didn't write out a list persay, they just told ppl what they wanted.  They told the grandparents the same things, are we resposible for the cordination of it all??? I guess so.  Zane got a CD/radio from Josh's mom for helping her move last Thanksgiving.  But before that he had told my mom and Josh's dad and step mom that he really wanted a cd player and cds.  But he had told them other things he wanted also.  Obvously the in-laws don't talk often. THey hardly talk with us as it is.  Anyway, my mom and his dad both got Zane a cd player.  Both equaly nice.  So he got 3 of them all together.  NO big deal, just take back the two and get store credit.  Well like I said in previous posts everything is a big deal to them.  But it all worked out in the end, Zane got credit at Best Buy and also some left over for a book case that he really needed.  Also one of the girls got two boots the moneky doll, still no biggie, one was given to the other so they both have one.  Anyway to the point.

Maybe it is partly me, and putting it off and not making them write wish lists.  I remember every year having one myself as a kid and always getting disapointed.  I want them to be happy with what ever they get.  But my mom pinned me down and made me get one out to her.  So I e-maild it to her last week and made the  comments "Please let me know what you get them so I can give the other grandparents the heads up too.  Last year some of the kids got two of a certain thing and Tom and Jeanne had a fit about it."

 Here is a lession in fwd in being aware of what you write ppl!  You know I am the family's secratary and since I didn't go to Thanksgiving with the rest of my family the list and what my mom had said she was getting got left behind and Josh couldn't remember what I told him.  So ofcourse they asked for a list, so I fwd the one I sent to my mom.  I should of copy and pasted not highlighted and clicked fwd.. yikes.  So they read what I wrote to my mom.  Needless to say I got an e-mail saying "We were very happy to get the kids list, however we were very unhappy to read what was written to Wilma.  Very unnecessary. Last year Zane got 3 NOT 2 CD players because you told all grandparents to get the same thing. We look forward to Christmas and take a lot of time picking out their presents and watching them open them.  (Not counting the money we spend.) It was nice you gave different lists to different people however your
wise comment was very inappropriate."

Ok yes, I know I should shoot over a I'm Sorry e-mail.  But you know it will make no differnace with them.  I know it.  But it was true, they did throw a bit fit and make a big deal about EVERY THING! AND I DID NOT TELL THEM WHAT TO GET.. THE KIDS DID!  Oh well.. I will eat the humble pie.  I was in the wrong ofcourse.  Sorry!!! God only knows what they say about me when I am not around.

This feels like our first Christmas down here all over again.  When we left early from thier house and went over to Josh's Aunt and Unkles house.  The plan was just to stop by and give them the pics we had for them of the kids and then leave.  We was so tired from staying up late the night before and playing Santa.  I was pracatly falling asleep so I asked Josh if we could leave and only on our way home, since they lived right around the block did I sugest we stop by and give them the pics.  We was there maybe an hour or so.  But some how they found out (not that it should matter) and wow, you would of thought we did something so dispicable.  How was I to know I was stepping into a big family fued?  I was not told of all that before I moved down here.  Guess who we hardly talk with anymore for fear of offending some one??

Peace, Love, Joy.. Good Will to Men.. oh ya and the Birth of our Saviour.. right?


 

4 comments:

  1. Can't hide away, kiddo. LOL  I tried it and everybody found me. Just grin and bear it. Enjoy the way the holiday brings out the best in people. BIG hugs to you. You're such a caring person and have a great journal. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhhh family. Man I just hope I remember what pisses me off so I dont do that to my son in laws!!!!!!! Family is so hard. We did not speak to todds family for tenyears. They could not repsect our marrige and tried to split us up. SO it was the only way. NOW they do and treat me fine. But you know it was rough on poor Todd. dont worry we al make mistakes you aren not perfect an d neither are they so they shoudl not expect a perfect daughter in law or neice or what ever. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to hide myself and I've always been found and pulled out from my little rock. ::sigh::  Somehow, they even got me to ENJOY all the craziness.  We will survive all this and we will remember the real reason for the season. :-)

    Monica
    http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah family drama..gotta love it. I don't see what the big deal was. Youre only human kid!

    ReplyDelete