Monday, November 29, 2004

Trying to get into the Spirit.

Got out the Christmas music last week but I had not really bothered to listion to any of it.   Then flipping threw my cds I found the one I got a few years ago called Christmas Shoes. 

*as now heard in my journal*

The first time I heard this song it was preformed by one of the ladies at church for our Christmas Special.  I was in tearssssssss by the end (I challange anyone not to cry once after first hearing this song)

The next year I heard it a few times on the radio, since I had found a good Christian music statoin, but I think the song has also got some play on even the secular stations.  Then I saw the movie put out by CBS based on the book.  I didn't know it was a book too.  I liked the movie, it was ok, but it put me in full rant mode since they went generic and exchanged the wording.. saying God instead of Jesus.. that was not how the song went and after I read the book it was not how the book went either. I know some may think, big deal, some get offended by the name of Jesus so they said God instead.  WEll there is my point... there are many gods and ppl don't know that even being generic is offensive. *sigh* anyways.. I love this song and it is special to me. 

The only reason I even have the cd and the book is because that one year I went down to the PRC (pregnancy resource center) and dontated alot of the baby closths I did not use anymore.  One of the radio personalities I like was broadcasting there, I didn't know he was going to be there but I listion to his show when I am in the car at that time slot.  I had Annie with me, she was 3 going on 4.  She was excited to help me and insited on going with me.  It seemed that there was a big drive going on at this center but not a big responce and the things I brought was much needed. I am very shy so when I saw the radio station set up I avoided that part of the room like the plauge lol.  But Bob Wells pulled me over and made Annie say hi into the mic and me lol and thanked us for stopping by.  And as an after thought I think he gave me a whole stack of Christmas Books and CDs they had reserved for door prizes.  It was getting late and I think I was one of the last ppl to come and donate.  I had not expected anything in return but I got blessed with that CD and the Book and also bragging rights that I saw Bob Wells in peson lol.  To this day Annie remembers meeting him and when ever we are in the car she asks if he is going to be on.  Zane is always keeping his ear out for an oppurtinity to meet him now, so that his sister doesnt have that one up on him lol.

Enjoy this song as we remember what Christmas is all about. I will try and put more Holiday music in for December too.

4 comments:

  1. I totally love this song! I've seen the movie and actually read the book as well. I love the movie, its the one I look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw the movie it was sad. We just dontated yesterday and today. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww that is so sad.  i was like "yeah ha ha i am not going to cry"  

    you messed up my mascara!!

    love you!!

    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete