Saturday, November 13, 2004

Medical update & Family game night

Yesterday I did get into see the Nurse about that thing growing in my inter thigh area.  I also had a good chat with Josh about my book and after the little ones was sent to bed us big kids played a game that lasted 2 hours. Then Josh and I made out to AOL radio 90's Alternative station (like we was in highschool lol)

Josh got off of work early yesterday because they was slow and nothing was going to be starting until Monday (that is 3 days off for him last week, yikes).  My appointment was at 10:30 and he got home at 9.  He wanted me to run his check to the bank and get milk before I left.  We are so low on even the basic groceries, it isn't even funny anymore. NO big deal, I took his check ran to the bank, went to fill out the deposit slip inside (I forgot the check book) and was not liking how long the line looked. As I was filling out the deposit slip I slapped my self upside the head, I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT OUR ACCOUNT NUMBER IS! So instead of be embarrassed and wasting my time in line I left. I am sure they would have deposited anyway but I felt stupid. I ran over to the store to get just milk and me a small bottle of soda.  A whole $5 if that in groceries.  I went to use my card, knowing we are very low on funds but taking a chance anyways.  NOPE rejected.  Again I felt very stupid but I have gotten used to it and it is no big deal for me anymore.  So I ran home for the check book that has the slips with our account number, thinking I would still have time to go back to the bank and store before my appointment.

Josh was annoyed that I let my shyness get the better of me and insisted they would have deposited it anyway and now I don't have time to do it or else I would be late for my appointment.  So I left and went to the bank's drive threw before my appointment.  The line was long but I thought I had some time to kill.  Eventually I got served and deposited his check and kept out $60 for groceries later. Then I was off to the appointment.  I had never been there but the directions was easy enough, and its maybe 15 min. from my house.  Well, I take the long way instead of the highway and go in threw the back road and get a bit lost.  But no worries I found it and was there at 10:30 on the dot.

When I went in the waiting area it  seemed abandoned and I was thinking this is just like a scene out of the chapter I wrote for the J~Land novel the other day. lol I went up to the counter and signed in and kinda went "Ahem" to the girls in the back.  A nice young gal came over (she had to be younger than me, for some reason I find this annoying that she has a better job than me lol) Gave me my papers to fill out and said excuse me I was eating on a tootise roll, my fingers may be sticky. lol I don't mind, I probably would be snacking too if it was that slow.

All the normal questions, medial coverage, who is the responsible party, address and emergency numbers and yadda yadda.. I was so proud I could confidently put when my LMP was. Halloween, how easy is that to remember! LOL unlike my charter in the J~Land novel who was 3 months preggers and didn't even relies it.  I must truly be sick in the head to be thinking about J~Land as I am at an OB appointment lol. But I thought it was funny.

When it came to family history and list all the conditions and also all the pregnancies you had, it said include termination's also, I really had to think about the specifics.  I am so bad.  I could not tell you the exact birth weight and length of all my children if you paid me. Here is just an example ladies of how you WILL NEVER FORGET your abortion.  You will be reminded of it each time you have to fill these forms out, even if you don't put it down, you will still think of it. Ofcourse I put mine down (after some thought to when the date of it may have been, I could only come up with an approximate month and year). I was curious if the nurse would say anything or what.  I am past my abortion experience and have let God heal me of those hurts so I can talk about it very freely now.  I also had to really think about how old my dad was when he died of lung cancer, I am not totally sure but I said 47. I am sure if I done the math I could have figured it out. He is 11 yrs older than my Mom and Mom is 50something, he died when I was 18 and Zane was just a baby.  My Mom had me when she was 23. I also had to put down about my Mom and her heart probs and her women probs (witch I am not totally sure what they was called but she ended up getting a full hysterectomy).  LIKE YOU GUYS WANT ALL THIS PERSONAL INFO LOL.

I get in to the back finally, after looking at a holiday mag with all these kid friendly decorating activities (as If I will ever do halfthe stuff they suggest).  I was asked to step on that stupid scale and I commented "What if I refuse?" I really prefer not to know but its part of the exame. I was a bit excited, I know I have been loosing weight but since I don't have a scale at home, purposely I may add, I wanted to see what it would say.  Well, I am disappointed, I think that scale was tipped or something. Or maybe I weighed more than I thought when I made a conscious effort to loose and eat better. WATER WATER, I MUST DRINK MORE WATER DANG IT! I am at least 50 pounds away from being happy with my weight I think. Who am I kidding? I will never be back to my pre babies weight LMBO.  But I can dream can't I?

The nurse takes me back to an office room and sits and looks over my papers.  She said she likes to do this before going into the exam room, more comfortable for both of us.  She is very nice and I think I like her, even if she is not a doctor. She asks me questions on my history and tries to fill in the blanks I had left. She goes tisk tisk that it has been so long since I had a pap and that she strongly encourages me getting one. I told her I plan on it but the doc didn't have any openings till FEBRUARY! Then she gets to the list where I have my pregnancies down. Oh you have, and she paused and then said four children, good for you. I smile and now that I think about it I should have said NO 5, one is just in heaven.  She asked if I was using birthcontrol since I left it blank, no, hubby got a vasectomy.  Then she asks me to describe my problem and why am I in to see her today. And I did, I gave her the nasty details but she is not grossed out or swayed from her nice smile. (I always notice ppls teeth, probably because I am so selfcouious of my own.) I told her I feel kinda silly now that it has mostly drained and is about gone, but she insist I did the right thing by coming in.  She said it sounded like to her a cyst from an ingrown hair but it should be kept an eye on because it can develop into something worse later. She took me into the exam room and said she would be right back as I undressed just my pants and underwear.  So I did and sat and sat and sat.. I had to of been in there 20 min! Shheesh.  Good thing it was well heated lol.  She takes my BP but not my temp. (my other office always took my temp and a urine sample).  She then takes a look at the problem area and up she says just as she thought.  She suggested anti biotic and come and see her again in 2 weeks to recheck it. Also she said she could do a pap and breast exam at that appointment so I don't have to wait till Feb. ( I am a bit surprised at that, I thought only doctors can do that? but I will take it anyway).  As I was making the appointment for two weeks with the receptionist I asked the nurse to write down the exact name of the thing and she had to really think on how to spell it lol she even went to the medical dictionary, embarrassed that she writes it down all the time but her mind is a blank now. Sebacous Cyst. I looked up a page on it if you care to look.  Reading it, it says it is no big deal also and that you can get them all over your body, they don't really go away from the sound of this page but can get inflamed and may have to be removed.  I think I will have to ask for it to be removed, I cannot deal with it where it is at every day! It rubs on my jeans even when I am wearing underwear.  Josh says he had one on his face (I remember but didn't know what it was called) and they had to drain it and cut it off.  I remember when he did that, Zane was a toddler and head butted him and when he came home and made the thing bleed and made it worse lol.  So anyway to wrap up this medical portion of my post, now I have to remember to take the keflex (that coasted me $13.44 at walgreens, my ins saved me a whole $1.95 big whoop) four times a day.  And I have to remind Josh to take the receipt in to get remburst when he is at his union hall.

After my prescription was filled I went over to Aldi a supper cheap grocery store.  I spent $30 there from the cash I had, I knew my card would not work.  We had talked about making beef stew for dinner but they had no stew meat.  They are supper cheap because of there small selection but they have the basics I need and I think I will go to the reg. store later.  I did get hot dogs for lunch and tomato juice, onions and potatoes, couple cans of stewed tomatoes for the stew and 3 cans of chili and 2 ponds of ground hamburger. Thinking we could have chili for dinner one night.  I also got two nice sized and already seasoned pork tender loins.  We are planning on having a family over after church for lunch and I was thinking BBQ. I also got milk andbread.  After I got out of the store I was kicking my self for not getting crackers and noodles for the chillily and light bulbs too.  I know those items are cheaper there than at the other stores.  As I was driving home I was enjoying some old old tapes I got out of the garage.  I found a gold mine in old music from my back in the day. Remember Neena Cherry?? Buffalo Stance?? LOL ohh and Color Me Bad and Pearl Jam. I thought the Pearl Jam was Josh's but he insists that it was mine, I don't remember ever buying it.  Josh reminds me that I used to think 5 finger discounts was cool for a while. Really? I DID? LOL my memory is very selective.. see how much I have changed!

I get home and am literately jumped on by my kids.. ohhh they missed me soooooo much. I WAS ONLY GONE AN 2 1/2 HOURS! They just wanted the food I had lol.  I made them lunch and Josh was cruising the net.  He was on a biker joke page and I will not even leave you the link..  nasty joke pictures. I told him shame on you.. That is not pure and lovely and of good report (referring to scripture) and he rebukes me.. lol.. He said I have no place to talk, he read some of my book. I insist my main charter has to fall hard to be able to come back and be in relationship with God, that is why for those details lol no really that is the plan, the plot. He isn't buying it. Ok OK well maybe my book isn't quite geared for a Christian audience at this point, but it will have those seeds in it and the ending will be uplifting (I think).

After lunch Josh decides to take a 4 hour nap. Fine with me, I thought I would write some then. Ya right. Good luck with the kids going nuts like that.  I make them go out and play since it is nice and sunny, just a bit chilly. They are in and out and I am surprised Josh slept threw it all. I did finish up a chapter and started a new one but didn't get as far as I wanted. I have so many ideas and plans for the story, it is just getting it out and there is the problem.  This week has not been as productive as I had hoped. Word count: 23,941  I was trying to write when his little sis called asking what to get him for Christmas. It was nice to talk with her for a bit and I went in and woke Josh up so he could say hi to her.  Well, ofcourse he stays up and he sees me clicking away at the keyboard.  He is very annoyed with it actually.  He thinks it is another thing, another thief ofmy time. I am like I warned you when I started it that it would be and I have dropped off some from my journal time. Believe me there are multitudes of things I wanted to write in here but choose not to.  I told him how do you expect me to make the 500,000 word count dead line?! He was surprised it was that much! He said if he had known that he wouldn't have let me start gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I said stop holding me back, I just may sell it and make us some money one day, who knows I maybe the next Daniel Steel (as someone suggested here lol). I told him how often to I just write Stories? Never. And it is something I really love to do. Always have. He said sorry but how would I feel if he had a hobby that took him away 30 hours or more a week from me and the kids. (I am not sure I write that much but I do spend a lot of time online) I laughed and said ya wait till you start to build your bike and then we will have that fight.  I support that and would not complain.  I don't write when he is home or around because I know it will upset him, so I do it at night and stay up too late and he has a prob with that ofcourse cuz it makes me sleep in.  Well, to end the argument he asked Isn't it time for you to start dinner anyway?! It is barley 5 o'clock.  Ya well you did say you had to go to the store and he wants a soda.  Maybe I will get you a soda if you ask me nice I say lol.  Please get me a soda.. NOW!  I call him a butt head lol but referring to that old cartoon, MY KIDS jumped on that and went ohhhhhhhh mommy said a bad word!.  Family life is so much fun, no really, it is!

I opted to go to a store that I don't normally go to because I perceive it to be more expensive and caters to the yuppies that live around here but I wanted to pick up an application at the UPS Store that was in that shopping center. And to my delight they did have soda on sale but you had to have a $10 purchase along with it.  So I get the soda, chili and stew seasoning packets, the noodles, stew meat (expensive)! crackers and as an after thought the store band on sale bottle of vodka.  When I had brought the tomato juice home Josh asked what it was for and I said the stew and he said nope, we just bullion, he joked that I should drink it with vodka, so that is why I got it. Thought it would be funny.  But I over spent and had to put one of the cases of soda back and a Chile season packet back. Spent the last of my cash on me, knowing my card would probably not work till the next day.  We decided to make the chili for dinner instead of stew and he didn't want the noodles I got for it.. That would be chilly mac not chillie.. gurr I said if I had known that I would not have bought it!. As I make myself a bloody Mary. lol Josh said he didn't know how to make them (really I don't either). I said sure you do and he laughed and said Ya wait till You (My name is Mary remember) starts to bleed in 3 weeks LMBO. You had to be there folks, it was amusing at the time.

We got done eating dinner around 6:15 or so and went back to writing at the computer. Must... Must.. Improve my word count.. NaNoWriMo on the brain.. I even dream about my story at this point.  Well, by 7 the babies are having fits because they didn't like dinner and wanted something else.  Sorry beggars can't be choosers, that is what we got kids. They went into full fit mode and Josh wasn't having it! They got sent to bed early and since they didn't have a nap was asleep in no time.  That left Zane and Annie up and they had to bug me. LOL OK I sound cold now, but I do love my kids, I just have to get threw November and make my dead line.  Don't they know I am an author? lol. Game, Game, play a game with us Dad and MOM! Zane brings out his Lord Of The Rings Trivial Pursuit that he got for his birthday and had pouty eyes (darn he got that from me and it always works on Josh) I said NOOOOOOOOOO any game but that one!!! LOL At this point I am on my second vodka and tomato juice.  I suggested the game my Mom gave us the last time she was here, we had not played it as a family but the kids had tried to play it between themselves.

So we turned the t.v OFF! AND I was dragged away from my keyboard.  I did put on Radio @ AOL : 90s Alternative for background noise. Gawwwd does that station bring me back to my teens and young adult years lol.

Is a complicated game, especially if you are getting a buzz on!  I was the elephant.  In the instructions it did have the history behind the pieces and what not.. I didn't know the game was org. from India.  The lotus flower spots are safety.  It was hard to keep track since the game pieces go one way and the rotation of the dice go another. Anyone play??? LOL I proclaimed at the end of the game that it had to be some hidden metaphor for the Hindu religion! LOL We had tons of fun playing and my son loved the fart humor he used whenever a piece would come behind another one.. here take a sniff and when we was all lined up in a row.. Double sniff lol.  Ofcourse I farted and that made both my kids crack up. Josh shook his head and told Annie that real ladies don't do that. I am such a bad example...... Zane ended up winning and Josh came in last.  That is the longest game ever! 2 hours!!!! lol

And this is one of my longest posts lol. I will leave out the parts about after the kids went to bed : )

 Love you all.. off to write some more, I hope!

3 comments:

  1. WELL I was gonna say you are just like me about something and now I read back and cant find it . I forgot what it was time I got done LOL I go to webtender.com to get recipies. I like your funny aboutbloody mary LOL I rememebr when Todd and I were first married and money was tight. We made th e kids eat what was on the table. I never got a job but God was faithful and has given Todd raises over the years to provide for us. When we were first married he only made either below or around $20,000 a year. Now he makes almost three times that. Its really nice having it God do the blessing so I could stay home. But boy times weeere tough. He had to pay child support too on two boys plus our court costs because his ex wife and her family are welfare junkies and they are use to getting lawyers piad for them on the governments money how ever ours were not. So she could take us to court and appeal and answer two or three times free for her but costly for us. one itme in two years we had $10,000 in lawyers fees above and beyond what we paid out of pocket. Well as of today we owe no debts except our house and have ten years on that. we save up a car payment in savings and pay cash for a car four or five years old. That way someone else took the big loss on it and they still have plenty of good miles left on them. His boys how ever were not the lucky ones they are druggies and bums!!!!!!! been in jail and trouble plenty of times and they love welfare!!!!! They were the loosers sad to say. I could write a book about what happend to us. But all this in 17 years of marriage!!!!!! things will turn around for you. I m so glad its nothing serious with your cyst. I have a nursepractisioner who does my pap adn I like her much better than drs. she is a midwife and works with a dr. She is kind and much easier to talk to. Good luck onyour woord count IM missing your entries this month. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am glad that your little "problem area" was nothing more than an in-grown hair!

    Tracy
    http://journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/ARoseByAnyOtherName

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this was long. LOL I loved it though. The making out..the getting lost but finding your way. The never forgeting the abortion. Touching! I had that cyst last year. In my vagina. She drained it. Said it would come back over and over again. It never did. I figured out I was taking fishoil pills to lose weight. Two after every meal to kill the fat. well it gave me that cyst. I couldn't even sit down for a month. No thank you. No more fishoil pills. I need to lose 50 too. On your mark...get set ...gooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete