Friday, November 5, 2004

FEELS WAY TOO GOOD!

Jumping for Joy here!!

Remember how I was lamenting about missing a Journal friend? Wondering how she could be gone and where the heck did she go?     

Well......... SHE IS BACK!!!  I got an e-mail from her tonight asking for help in starting her new journal.. aol was giving her probs with it.  So I IM here telling her how ironic.. I was just thinking about her!! And I promised to pimp out her new journal in my next entry.  WELCOME BACK DONETTA!!!

FEELS WAY TOO GOOD ~Donetta                              (forgive her lay out. it is a work in progress)

*On to NaNoWriMo Ramblings*  Word Count 11,803

I am happy to find out I am not the only nut around J~Land doing this crazy thing called National Novel Writting Month.

Ramblings of SheWho Aimeedowd

Movin' On Sammie

Everybody knows...  Danielled1  

Aimee is the one where I first read about NaNoWriMo. I just found out that Sammie was also doing it, the sneek she is keeping a private jouranl about it so you may have to request an invite if you are intrested.  It is great to know I am not the only one doing this and I am really digging thier excerpts. *Hint Danielle* lol jk. A life saver that I have found in writting is AOL Research & Learn: Thesaurus   Speaking of excerpts here is more of a taste

                                                Chapter 5

 

Hannah put baby back in her black case and wiped down her beloved guitar with her cleaning cloth but she could still feel the green eyed stranger’s eyes on her back. Shivers ran down her spine. Out of the corner of her eye she saw him stand up and stretch.  His red shirt came up just a bit for her to see the dark brown track of hair that went from his navel down to those hidden places.  Hannah blushed for noticing such a thing, so unlike her.  She was preparing herself to turn around and him be right there but she heard a ring tone of a cell phone and noticed him reach into his deep pocket bringing out the phone and turn his back to her to answer it.  She sighed to herself, cell phones ruin so much and she is happy not to have one of her own.  If she did she is sure her parents would have tracked her down by now and dragged her away home.  Not like they couldn’t find her if they really wanted.  They knew she was stopping here after work and was with her boss James

 

Hannah turned around and picked up the guitar case and now it was her eyes on his back.  He is so tall she noted to herself. She estimated he was about 6’1.  He would tower over me she thinks to herself.  She is only 5’4 and never wears any shoes that have any kind of heal to them.  She is more for comfort when it comes to her wardrobe.  She slowly steps down off the stage and purposefully listens in on his conversation as she walks over to the coffee bar where Stan is whipping it down

 

In a deep sexy voice he says to who ever it is on the other end “Atlanta? I told you I was taking some time off.  I just got here.”  He turns and locks eyes again with Hannah as she sits down at a stool by the bar.

 

Stan has noticed how they have been eyeing each other all night and he gives a laugh.  Oh youth, it is wasted on the young, he thinks to himself.  He taps on Hannah’s shoulder and says “That’s Phil my nephew.”

 

“Oh” Hannah says surprised as she turns to look at Stan.  “I didn’t see any resemblance” she shrugs her shoulders

 

Stan gives a sad frown and answers “Ya, that is my wife’s brother’s boy” and points to an old photograph hanging on one of the walls of a much younger Stan and a very pretty girl with green eyes

 

“Ohh I see. I know I should be getting going. What do I owe you for all those yummy cookies and the soda?” Hannah said reluctantly.  She really didn’t want to go home yet.  And her head was still floating in the clouds some

 

“Girly you don’t owe me a thing.  If anything I should pay you for bringing in all those customers tonight.  You are totally a trip.  You going to have a career one day doing that you know.” Stan said with a big grin

 

Hannah lets out a giggle and looks back at Phil.  He is now arguing with the person on the other line so she turns to Stan and asks “Can I use your phone.  I kinda blew some people off tonight to stay here.  Not like me at all

 

“Sure thing, no problemo.  Come around and the phone is over there in the back office.” Stan points to a door behind the bar as he pulls a trash bag up out of its can.Hannah didn’t see the door before because it was covered in a psycidelic poster and meshed into the décor of the coffee house

 

Hannah puts her guitar case down by her stool and walks around the bar and to the door. She turns the knob and opens it.  It is pitch dark and she thinks “oh no, another dark room!”.  “Stan? Can you come here and turn the light on for me?” She asks loudly.  She isn’t taking any chances this time.  She doesn’t remember what happen in the bathroom but she now has a fear of the dark.

 

Stan was already around the other side of the bar on his way to the back to take the trash out.  Business was great but all the clean up is a drag.  He is closer to Phil than he is to Hannah so he shoots Phil a look and cocks his head in Hannah’s direction.  Phil sees him and tells the annoying caller “I will get back at you” and hangs up. He shoves the cell phone back into his pocket.  Hannah is peering into the dark of the office and doesn’t even notice Phil walk around the bar and come up behind her.

 

“What? You afraid of the dark” the deep voice says in Hannah’s ear scarring her.  She jumps back and into Phil’s strong arms. He holds her gently from behind. Hannah looks up at him and is memorized by Phil’s eyes again and her heart is pumping fast from the startle he gave her.  He gives her a toothy grin showing perfect teeth behind plump lips.  For the first time in her life she wants to be kissed.  She wants his attention, the kind of attention she gets but has spent the good part of her teen years avoiding.  She wonders if he can see that desire in her sea blue eyes. “Sorry I didn’t mean to make you jump, but I don’t mind catching you when you fall” Phil says with a wink and letting her out of his arms smoothly.

 

Hannah lets out nervous giggles and blushes turning her cheeks from creamy white to a bright shade of pink. “Don’t scare me like that again.  I don’t know why but tonight I am having trouble with light switches.” She told him as she was close enough to face him face to face. She could smell a sweet expensive sent on him and took a deep wiff.  She is tempted to reach up for a kiss.

 

Phil reaches over her shoulder and turns the light on to the small office. “There you go.”

 

“Thanks” she said as she slowly turned around to go make her calls.  She looks into the small office for the phone and spots it on a little table make shift desk littered with papers, a lap top computer and a plate with three cookies and crumbs.  She walks around the deskand sits in an old beat up office chair and puts her slender hand on the phone’s hand set and pauses looking down at the cookies.  She is trying to decide who to call first, her parents or Becka and what she will tell them.

 

Phil takes a step in the office behind her and watches her intently as she sits down. “You going home after this? Or you want to come and hang out with me tonight?”  He asks her with a seductive look in his eyes.

 

“Well, I don’t know.  I really am not ready to go home just now. Not ready to face the music as they say.  But it is getting late and my ma taught me not to trust strangers” she said with a twinkle in her eyes and a wide smile.

 

“You do everything your mother tells you to then?” Phil said teasingly.

 

“Well, mostly.  I am a good girl that way” Hannah added to the banter and takes her hand away from the phone.

 

“Ohh I like good girls. They’re fun to corrupt.  And how will we get to know each other if you won’t come and hang out with me?” Phil said playfully. 

 

“I don’t know.  Do I want to get to know you?  Will you make it worth my while?” Hannah said with a laugh.  She never flirts like this but it is fun.

 

“Will I make it worth your while?!  Ohh you are funny.  I can say I don’t get many complaints.  I know how to show a girl a good time.” He said with a laugh.

 

“And that should impress me?  I am not into players” Hannah said taking back her playful smile.  She wants him and wants to take him up on his offer but she will not be easy.  She has not been waiting for the love of her life for so long and avoiding jerks to be swayed easily by him.  She is already in trouble and before she gets her self deeper she wants to make sure it will not be all for nothing

 

“Oh come on now.  I am not a player.  Or am I?  Guess you will have to find out if you really want to know.  And besides you already know something about me.”

 

"I do? Oh that you are Stan’s nephew. Ya.”

 

“Well, that too. But no.  That I love the way you sing and play your music. So that makes two things.’ He said and gave her another big smile. 

 

She can resist his smile but not his green eyes.  Those eyes she has been looking into all night and feeling them drink her in. “Well, if you promise to be a gentleman.  I will throw caution to the wind. I already have blown off my other plans but I think it was worth it.” She said conceding to the light argument.

4 comments:

  1. wow you reallly are getting in to this and doing a great job I neeed to add. I ll check ou your friends jorunal. So glad you got reconnected. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for pimping me out........i am a work in progress, aren't i? lol.  and i love your novel.  i had no idea it was national novel month.  wow.  you rock.  you missed your calling at being a writer.  or maybe you haven't missed it just yet. you may be the next danielle steel (excuse spelling).  take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo i did not know this!  thank you for telling me, looks like you are doing great!! post more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wayyyyyyyy behind, but I'll consider putting an exerpt up for you guys :)
    I am sooooo proud of you!!!!!!!!  Look at you go!!!!!!!!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete