Friday, March 26, 2004

cont...3

He misses home so much. AND WE MISS HIM. My Pastor talks with him regularly too and sends him tapes from church and sometimes money.  That is the main thing he misses is a good church, he hasnt found one out there yet. OH but he evangilizes the whole school and every where he goes he tells ppl about Jesus.  He has told me storys about him praying for ppl on the bus and talking with others, he amazes me sometimes. 

Well lastnight I got a call from my Pastor and then later from Riley himself.  Aparntly he has not been taking care of himself and I want to slap him for it.  First of all, he hasnt been eating like he should and not taking his diabeties meds for like 3 weeks. He just tells me this. Yesterday he wound up in the hospital.  He fell or walked into a wall, he doesnt remember what happen. He lost time from the moring to the time he got to the hospital. He had to get stiches over his eye.  His blood presure was up and his sugar low.  They are keeping him a few days and then hopfuly he will come home to STL.  I was so upset that I couldnt talk and handed josh the phone as I cried.  I love him so much but he can be so stubern.  He needs to take better care of himself.  So please keep him in prayer friends. 

3 comments:

  1. I will pray for Riley. Bless his heart. God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary...Riley is in my old stomping Grounds. I grew up in in the Denver Metro area, and went to Littleton High School. I offer you this info for you to do with as you need. I have a dear friend, by the name of Steve Gentry. He attended Springfield Baptist Bible College, and returned to the Denver and heads up a youth group at Village East Baptist Church in Aurora. I know I can get him to a great church, and even help him with transportation if you think he wants that help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel the love you have for your friend <brother> He looks like such a sweet sweet person. I'm sorry he's sick. I will pray for his speedy recovery and that he starts taking good care of himself.

    ReplyDelete