Thursday, March 11, 2004

How was I so blessed to marry into such a family as this?part 2

This trip and the funeral has totaly changed my perception of atlest this side of his family.  They are a strong family like I said before and are holding up good with Granny's passing.  They really love eachother and would do what ever they could to help each other out.  There was no bickering over Granny's earthy possions that you can expect to happen in other familys.  It was even offered that all travel expences be paid back out of her estate.  I almost got tiered of hearing all the praise about my children and how well behavied they are and how we are doing such a good job with them.  Every year there is a family reunion but mostly the older folks go and we are talking of having one each year at differnt locations so our children have a chance in knowing eachother and we can remain close.  I got to know some of Josh's cousins and feel like they are friends I have missed out on having!  This family has made me feel apart of them as if I was born into thier side of the tree.  At the funeral we got a chance to speak of our found memories of Dorthy and I had to get up and say my part, on how she loved us and tended us like we was her garden given to her from God and she planted seeds of his love into us and prayed for us.  How she in her little way played a part in my conversion to Christ. and a few other things that I cant remember, I hadn't planed on speaking but it was on my heart.  They really apresheated all I said and hugged and kissed on me.  LOL I was even called some one's new fav niece in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment