Friday, March 5, 2004

What if she kept a blog?

She was a mom, lover,friend, princess, humanI am guilty.  I watched that show last night with the tapes of Diana talking of her personal life.  I have mixed feelings, for one she was an icon to many and many are still mourning over her, is the release of these tapes only for profit or is it to help us all understand.  I understand she made those tapes becuase she needed to get out what was insider, she had to break out of her prision. She wanted to world to see she was human like us all, she was a mother, wife, friend, and her private life was anything but perfect.  Many of us blog/journal because we too have this need, to get out of us our private thoughts. To show the world there is more to us then what is seen on the surface.  To have free say of our feelilngs, opinons, belifes, our life in words and pictures.  Even if no one reads our blog, it is stil there in print, documented and released from our spirit.  I don't know if she kept a paper journal but it would of been cool if she kept a blog, even if it was under a differnt name. She needed that release and a pitty she saw herself so poorly.  She was so loved.  Are we also like that? Only seeing the neg of ourselves and not the possitve others see in us?

4 comments:

  1. This was a great entry Mary. It actually hit home today for me. I just wrote a whole entry and then deleted it about my sadness that I am going through. I cried very much when Diana died. I didn't see this show you're talking about. But yes I think if she kept a blog, we'd come to find, she was no different then we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the world really misses her. She was a great lady and humanitarian. It is sad that she had so many problems with family and self esteem. I am sure she is dancing in the light of our Lord!
    God bless. Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing how miserable she was, it was even more heartwrenching to hear her describe in her own words what was really behind the images we saw. My son summed it up pretty clearly when the show was over, "At least now she's free." So sad. ~Peachy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the show too.. HAD to watch it. When she was killed I went thru a personal crisis that I didn't even know I had stored up inside me. The taped interviews made me ill. If she was THAT open, that eager to talk about how screwed up her life had gotten, just think how much more she'd have said w/o being taped! Where were her family members & friends? So painfully tragic. ~Holly

    ReplyDelete