Tuesday, March 16, 2004

G.S. and Planned Parenthood?! Part 2 read 1 first.

Ok so I am concerned about my local concil and send an e-mail to the public realtons person, the e-mail address I got off of my local concils website (btw no info on this issue on its site or the national's site) My e-mail:

Unsure who to ask this question I am getting from mom's in my troop.  There has been some recent media coverage about G. S. being partnered up with Planed Parenthood.  Is our local Council of The Greater Saint Louis Area at all involved with Planned Parenthood or funded by them?  Your replay and any help you can give on this question is appreciated.Her reply:The Girl Scout Council of Greater St. Louis does not collaborate with Planned Parenthood, nor does it fund Planned Parenthood. The Girl Scout Council of Greater St. Louis is not an advocacy organization.And she gives her number if I have further questions.That did not answer my question in any way! Did I word my e-mail in a way that was not clear? Maybe?  But I was asking if Planned Parenthood provided funds in anyway to us and what other involment they may have.  Looks like she pussy-footed around it to me.  So ofcourse I will have to make some calls on this.  But I have an uneasy feeling, and thinking this will be the last year my family is involved with the GirlScouts.  Oh I also found this on the web:STOPP international is taking the guess work out of this situation for concerned parents by contacting every Girl Scout council in the country seeking clarification on their relationship, if any, with Planned Parenthood. This information will be compiled into a comprehensive list that will be released to the public during the week of April 5. Information regarding a council's relationship with Planned Parenthood can be e-mailed to no2pp@all.org.

3 comments:

  1. I think her saying that they don't collaborate in any way says that they don't work with planned parenthood in any manner. Collaboration means that any action is a two way street. I personally would feel comfortable with her response. But go with your gut...you're the Mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm boycotting them too...till you find out otherwise. I'm too lazy to snoop around myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think her response was appropriate. she's saying they don't collaborate with planned parenthood, nor does it fund planned parenthood. so in saying this she is leading me to believe that they have no association w/ pp in any way. which is a good thing, right? but you have to go with your instincts and get the best answer for you and your family. it is your child and organaztion that's at risk.

    ReplyDelete