Thursday, March 18, 2004

March is Women's History Month! Did you know..

  • Susan B. Anthony is most famous for fighting for the right to vote for women. What she is not known for is her strong pro-life views. She called abortion "child murder."
  • QUOTES FROM SUSAN B. ANTHONY'S
    THE REVOLUTION, 1869


    The following quotes are in regards to abortion:
    "We want prevention, not merely punishment. We must reach the root of the evil... It is practiced by those whose inmost souls revolt from the dreadful deed."


    "All the articles on this subject that I have read have been from men. They denounce women as alone guilty, and never include men in any plans for the remedy." 


    "I deplore the horrible crime of child murder."

      

    3 comments:

    1. And to think, I only knew her for the coin she was on. You learn something new everyday. I know its bad that I only know her for the coin, but understand that I graduted from a Tennessee high school.
      :)
      chris

      ReplyDelete
    2. My compassion is so great for these moms, every one of them have a story. I think us pro-lifers can often be hard on them. I feel like my calling is to just love on them, let them know I'm sad about their decision, but not hate them or scorn them. Their little ones fly to Jesus, but their dear mommies are still hear to tarry on... and that can be literally Hell on Earth. We Christians must educate out of love, in fact, we must do and say EVERYTHING OUT OF LOVE. I admire your passion.

      ReplyDelete
    3. HI!..you have a nice journal. I live in LAS VEGAS AND NEW JERSEY...........PLEASE COME VISIT MY JOURNAL........IT'S CALLED, REFLECTIONS OF A PRISON WIFE FRAN

      ReplyDelete