Tuesday, March 16, 2004

G.S. and PlannedParenthood?! part 1

Ok we all remember back that thing going on in Texas with a boycot of GS cookies because of the local council's connection with Planned Parenthood?  And You know how these two organizions are like hot botton issues for me. For one I LOVE SCOUTS, I was one as a girl and now my daughter is one and I am a leader.  And second, I HATE yes HATE, Planned Parenthood, the #1 Abortion provider in America.  So today I was doing some more reading on this subject and appaled with what I found.

Kathy Cloninger, CEO of the Girl Scouts of America, appeared on NBC's "Today" show Friday morning to discuss the boycott."The Girl Scouts in Waco, Texas, really made a decision based on local community context, they decided that in this particular situation that it would be in the best interest of girls and their families to discontinue the relationship with Planned Parenthood," said Cloninger.

Parents were upset to learn that the local Girl Scout organization had given a 'woman of distinction award' last year to a Planned Parenthood executive. And they were disturbed to find out that the Girl Scout organization has been giving its endorsement for years to a Planned Parenthood sex-ed program in which girls and boys are given literature on homosexuality, masturbation and condoms

1 comment:

  1. Kids these days SHOULD be given literature on sexual issues. From what I have seen, most parents do not do a good enough job of explaining sex and everything that goes with it to their children. If children are not taught about sex they will experiment. I would rather have that long talk with my children than have them come home one day saying they got someone pregnant or are pregnant themselves. I'm all for Planned Parenthood.

    ReplyDelete