Monday, March 1, 2004

Thank you Friends!

I just want to give a shout out to Kara from BrandNew Day (would link but she went private).  She wrote me an e-mail that was such an encourgment to me.  Sometimes we as humans get in low points and we listion to the wrong voice, you know the one that tells you YOU SUCK, You Dont do any Good, What's the Point and yadyaddayadda..  A few days ago I was doing that and she saw that in my journal and as she said she saw some of herself in it but she wanted to encourage me.  She flattered me with all the wonderful things she had to say and I even cried becuase I was so touched. I needed to hear that from some one, some else saying, Mary YOU DoNot Suck!   It always amazes me what a conection we can have with ppl thousands of miles way, how J~Land gives us these peaks into others lives and we can connect.  You never know the impact we have on eachother, positive and negitive.  I try and be an encourager all the time and somtimes I forget that I too need encouragement, seems like I rarley get it at home, at least not in the ways I feel I need.  No my husband isn't a monster, he is one of the most loving and kind man I have ever known.  And you often only get to see one side of the story.  He never insults me with mean words or puts me down.  But sometimes raw truth and the tone it is given in can hurt just as much.  And lol after all he is just a man and sometimes let's face it, they dont always know how to tell women all that sensitve gooey stuff we need to hear or when they do try lol it comes off wrong.   So Thank you Kara and all my friends who take the time to speak into my life, to encourage me and sometimes hold me in check too.  This Journal is like a diary to me, the one I was afraid to keep growing up because of the time the one I did have got in the wrong hands and was read.  Here I have control and freedom, but also a plus is I speak into others lives.

2 comments:

  1. kara is awesome, isn't she. i've never met her but i swear i love that woman. and you rock too mary. you don't suck. even at times when i haven't agreed w/ everything you say or you me, you have always been kind and understanding in your words. it's good that josh doesn't put you down. so don't put yourself down either! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between your entry and Nettas comment I'm gonna cry now. Thank you so much for letting me be apart of your life and you being in mine. It means the world to me. I feel very blessed with the friendships I have here. I'm so glad you know you don't suck. You are so fabulous! ((((Mary)))))

    ReplyDelete