Thursday, October 28, 2004

Aplauding Mel Gibson!

This morning I was up earlier than normal, before 7 am! Shocking I know.  I was listening to the sad news that the Cards lost the World series and got sick of seeing the same clip over and over of Tony Lewruso (sp) crying about it.  But I must say we still have the rep of being the BEST and Friendliest FANS in the Country!  So I switched over to ABC and Good Morning America was on.  It was more of background noise as I was waking up the house and getting the kids ready for school.  Josh didn't have to go in till 8 so he was still snoozing a bit when Mel came on. But when I saw what he was talking about I tried to wake Josh up (I don't think he was paying attention lol)

Mel Gibson was on speaking about his views about stem cell research and the issue that is on the ballot in CA put on by Governor Arnold.  Mel went into saying how he was happy about it at first untill he really looked at the issue and saw that embiotic stem cell was going to be funded and that the cells that would be use are from cloned embryos.  He didn't feel that the general public was aware of that is where the stem cells where coming from and that yes he had a problem with it.  He also had a scientist sitting next to him and he went into explaining that there is a solution with the adult stem cells that are being used and the umbilical cord stem cells and that all experiments that have used embryo's cells have produced 0 result.

When Gibson was asked if he didn't feel any compassion for those who suffered like Reeve's and Fox, that could possibly be cured one day from this research he answered that YES he did, very much so, that they are afflicted and many ppl suffer from afflictions but there are alternatives out there NOW and that cloning embroys/human life, he is extremely uncomfortable with.  He even went on to say that if it came down to it and something was produced with these cells he and his family would refuse treatment from them if they had an affliction that needed treatment, but they would insist on treatment by other means. When asked that some say that these cells are just blobs in petrii dish and why should we care, he responded that While he was never in a petrii dish he was once a cluster of cells as was the interview and everyone walking around on this planet, we all once was at that stage of development.  And when asked why should ppl listen to an Actor on this issue he chimed in jokingly.. Ya I know.. I am not a doctor but I play one on TV. hahaha but seriously he is a taxpayer with an opinion, everyone who has an opinion should be heard.  Why as a tax payer should he be made to fund something he finds morally wrong he asked.  And that we are not getting all the facts about this bill and when he tried to talk to the Governor he was put off.. still waiting for that call back.

Bravo.. He said it all for me.

I went to ABC's website for GMA to see if they had a clip or even some print on this interview but nope, they are more concerned about Bill Clinton's surgery (old news) than what was just aired.  It wasn't even in the back pages.  Maybe I just went to the site too soon and they haven't updated but I doubt it.  If AOL news has picked this up (as limited as that article went into it all) I am sure they would have too by now.  I did a deep search on GMA's site.  I wonder why they wouldn't have that on there. (sarcastically) since they did the interview!

I hate to use illistrations from a fiction book but since I just finished reading Stephen King that is what is on my mind (I been dreaming of the gunslinger lol)  In his book Stephen King discribes how children are kidnapped every 20 yrs from this section of the Callas but are returned later.  When the children come back they are what the ppl call roont.  Basicly drooling uncomprehnding people who have the intelgents of an infant and that thier growth is off kilter too.  They grow faster and out of perportion.  What has happen is something medicaly was taken from them, for the benifit of others, these ppl called The Breakers, who's job was to use thier psyic powers to break this beam that held up the univers.  What was taken from the children was used to boost The Breakers powers, make them stronger.

An illistration of taking life to enhance another's life I think.  And for me that is how I see embronic stem cell expermints.  Just because these babies are in dish and not in a womb doesn't mean they are not still human life and to make a human life just to kill it for it's parts is wrong.

Well, I have tons to do today to get ready for this weekend's camping trip and also to get ready for Tracy to come over tonight to teach Zane a lesion on his guitar.  I will be back later to post some pictures

4 comments:

  1. I would give anything for a baby. and here they are dumping them!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got such great entries. Always enjoy reading what you write. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is such a good entry and I agree with you. Blessings! :) Catherine

    ReplyDelete