Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The weekend recap.. I voted for Kerry..Before I voted agenst him And Zane's B-day Family Party

This weekend was  busy one for us.  Sat we had a retirerment Party to go to and then Sunday after church we had a family party for Zane.

The retierment party was all the way down in Festus.. I should put a map on here so you can see just how far that is for us to drive lol but it was not so bad.  I forgot my camera! I wanted to get some more fall pics and also of the old timers at the party. Oh well.  It was a surprise party and it was held outside at a park pavillian.  Ofcourse this weekend had to be A COLD ONE!  And I have not gotten new shoes yet, so I had to wear my sandles and Josh's leather jacket.  *snif* I want my own but not a biker one.. a classic one.  But still I am one  hot mamma dont ya think lol and I know I was the bell of the party lol jk.  The party wasn't that bad and I tried to side step the politcal talk as much as I could.  It is neat to hear old timers talk and hear the journeymen remembering when they was an aprentice under them.  Josh's local BA (business agent) showed up in full Kerry suport wear.  I should of kept my mouth shout when I was looking at it.  All I said was I wish I had my camera (so I could write in my blog about it and make fun but I didn't say that lol) and he lights up and askes if I wanted one. (ohhh nooo) I politely say no thank you and he steps back in shock and says NO!? Why not! Umm I am going to go sit over here by the wives where it is safe lol.  This ofcourse leads into the men talking about polotics.. good to see Josh and I was not the only NON Kerry supporter but it is hard when you are in the minority lol.  It didn't get ugly, it was more playful than anything.  I should of expected it since this was a union party kinda.  I don't think the guest of honor was too keen on the political yack either.  Really there is a time and a place for all that but I like the BA.  He is a really nice guy and Josh used to work with him and says he is as honest as they come.  He wont hold it agenst us that we are not Kerry suporters but he sure tries to change your mind.  He pulled Josh aside before we left and said well I can't change your mind so I wont try but I just want to know why? Is it the Religious thing?  You have to know Josh is very timid when it comes to these things, God is still working on his back bone and public speaking skills (just kidding sweetie) But he replied that yes that had alot to do with it and left it at that.  I told Josh to go ahead and take a t-shirt and make him happy. A free t-shirt! I turned it inside out and wore it to church under a sweater lmbo.  I am still trying to think of a creative way to mess with the lettering on it.  Any ideas?? LOL

Sunday was a nice day.  Church was real good.  It was kinda an impromptune service, an out of the ordinary one and unplaned.  We sing worship music before the message and sometimes that last along time or it can be really short, depends.  Well pretty much we had music all service long as Jesse got into his message.  I can't explain it.. you had to of been there.  But church let out earlier than normal so we showed up to Josh's family's house alot earlier than expected.  I went with Jeanne (Josh's stepmom) to go and pick up the cake from Sam's Club.  Josh likes to make home made cake for the b-days but they opted to order one because the icing we use is too sweet and they like that whipped topping.. me too but we don't like paying $30 to have it. Tommy, Josh's step brother brought a friend.  He hasn't brought home one of his gf in along time so Jeanne was very excited about it.  Her name is DeGee (not sure of the spelling)  And my kids took to her right away!  They rather hug her than uncle Tommy.  Jeanne offered her a glass of wine and she took it but Tommy pulled her aside and told her that DeGee is Morman and dosn't drink she is just being polite mom. LMBO TOMMY AND A MORMAN? THAT WILL BE INTRESTING.  But I like her and I told him before they left we like her she is a keeper and he said I like her too big smiles.  They was very lovey dovey and I have never seen him that way with a new gf.  The boy is going on 34 he needs to settle down already! Oh and DeGee apernatly has 3 kids so that would be an intresting mix.  Tommy with a built in family? humm.. but he is great with my kids, just not when they was babies.

AS you can see from all the pics Zane got just what he wanted!  Expect to see alot of pics with him and his guitar.  The boy was up at 6:30 this morning playing on it! ughhh what have we gotten ourselves into.  He is already reading the books for it and trying to figure out the fingering.  Tracy from church promised to work with him too and teach him one of the worship songs.  So maybe by Christmas he will know one song already and be able to premfore for us? Zane also got like 55 bucks all together and a new wallet.  He already went to the music store and got new strings and now wants to go to this place called Slackers to get some cds and games for his game boy.  I still can't belive he is 10 yrs old!

5 comments:

  1. isnt it sad when they go into the double digits. Its a sure sign your loosing your baby. I hated that when my girls hit TEN!!!!!!!!  Yeah I know what you mean lucky todds work is big supporters of the vote for and are conservative. I sure am glad it was not me there at the union thing. I hate unions anyway lOL you d have to have had your drive a gas truck in the 70s to understand and him work for a company that was not union. He also back in the early 90s went in to keep our gas going when the union workers went on strike to earn 32 dollars per hour. They were making $26. They also wnated 8 vacations a year. I know it wasa hazardous job they did. Daddy had ot stay there for a month the unions were so dangerous they could not evenwith police let htem men out to go shopping even. ALL food had to be brought in. IT was scarry for us and I fussed at daddy goingin. But if they did not the whole east would have shut the gas supplies down. The whole econeomy  would have been squashed and those workers only cared for them selves not what was going on around them. Okay Im down off my bench now. I ll shut up. I love your pics and yes you are one hot momma as the song goes. I bet Josh sings that one to you. !!!!!!!!!!! LOri

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, looks like you guys had a fun weekend. and im glad you kept yourself composed while speaking with the kerry fanatic. i would have lost it. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos, looks like a great weekend.  LOL at the Tshirt and that you still havent' been "promoted" to the big people table ;-) *wink*
    ~JerseyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. He must have been attached to that guitar for a good part of the day. You weren't kidding when you said theres a lot of guitar pictures there. lol :)

    ReplyDelete