Friday, October 15, 2004

Pumpkins and God.. Got these from my e-mail thought you would enjoy also!

A woman was asked by a co-worker, "What is it like to be a Christian?"
The coworker replied, "It is like being a pumpkin. God picks you from
the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. Then He
cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff. He removes the
seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc., and then He carves you a new smiling
face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to
see."

                                           

 

       The Pumpkin Prayer

Dear God,
As I carve my pumpking help me say this prayer:

Open my mind so I can learn about You;
(Cut the top of the pumpkin)

Take away all my sin and forgive me for the wrong things I do.
(Clean out the inside)

Open my eyes so Your love I will see;
(Cut the eyes out in heart shapes)

I'm so sorry for turning up my nose to all you've given me.
(Cut a nose in the shape of a cross)

Open my ears so your word I will hear.
(Cut the ears shaped like the Bible)-we did rectangles

Open my mouth so I can tell others You're near
(cut the mouth in the shape of a fish)

Let Your light shine in all I say and do! Amen.
(Place a candle inside and light it)

I plan on trying the pumpkin prayer this year, what about you?!

5 comments:

  1. Aww that is a cute one....! :) ha ha ha.. Never heard that one before.. :) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. SMILING>  Thanks. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabulous! thanks for sharing it!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome entry, enjoyed it a lot! Thanks for sharing.

    Steph~

    ReplyDelete